Quantcast

July 24th- T-line to welches? The official post....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
In the works. Ill be hitching a ride hopefully. Who is interested? For those who've done it, Whats the best way to shuttle...

And hopefully someone will show who knows the trail.......

Ill be bringing the big bike.

Discuss details starting..........

NOW.......

**new details**

Meeting time: 11:00 welches DQ. Plan 4hrs from seattle? that sound right? We can gather and plan the shuttle part then.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Mike,

Im riding with snacks and TH. I know nick spoke of wanting to go and needing a ride.....

Snacks has a new bike, but i think it might now show on this ride......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
New Bike :dancing: New Bike :dancing:New Bike :dancing:New Bike :dancing:

Okay now back to the topic.....

Kevin has rode the trail once a while ago, and kinda knows his way around, just enough to be dangerous :devil:

Mike, have you rode this trail before?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I'll try to make it out for the 24th. This time of year I'm sure there'll be some riders up there either way though. Since a bunch of the Oregon Monkeys are gonna be doing it this weekend I'm sure there'll be more posted about it before you all make the trip down.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
PsychO!1 said:
Nooo, I have not. I have heard about it for years from biking and non-biking freinds. Been wanting to do it for a long time.

What time is thing supposed to happen??
Time hasnt been set, but seeing how its at least a 3-4hr drive we cant make it too early, but also dont want to do it too late. Im not afraid of getting up early....i get up at 5am normally.......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
Nooo, I have not. I have heard about it for years from biking and non-biking freinds. Been wanting to do it for a long time.

What time is thing supposed to happen??
Kevin, D, and I are day tripping it. I would think earlier in the day. How long does it take to get there from the Seattle area.

I think I'm going to talk to Simon about getting a map or something. I know he's rode it before.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm totally down with this ride, if someone needs a ride down they better start letting me know right away cuz i might take off on Friday and go visit and stay with friends. But if enough people need a ride, i can just take off in the morning and use my car for some carpool action.....
Let's get this all nailed down, i'm stoked for this ride. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Yikkess! :eek:

As it looks right now Kevin and I might have to ride down in my red truck. The big white will be gone by the end of this weekend. D, you might wanna hook up with Skooks about getting a ride down.

I was thinking meeting at 11am at the lodge....gives eveyone plenty of time to get up, have some coffee, and drive down.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
Yikkess! :eek:

As it looks right now Kevin and I might have to ride down in my red truck. The big white will be gone by the end of this weekend. D, you might wanna hook up with Skooks about getting a ride down.

I was thinking meeting at 11am at the lodge....gives eveyone plenty of time to get up, have some coffee, and drive down.
Ok, 11am sounds good with a window of 30 minutes? I know traveling theres always hangups, waiting 30 minutes getting suited gives a little extra chance of getting everyone.

ALSO, Whats the best way to do the shuttle?? (for those who have done it?). Is it better to meet at the bottom, leave a car or 2, then get up to the lodge? If so maybe we should meet in welches near where there trail. Its a long drive to the bottom and back.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
PsychO!1 said:
I'm tentativly in.....whatever that means.

Damon, We could pool it if you want.
Ill pool with ya. Will that solidify your involvment?

Oh, and snacks set the time... 11-12 at hood is the time frame...... so leaving 7-8 am?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i'm totally down with this ride, if someone needs a ride down they better start letting me know right away cuz i might take off on Friday and go visit and stay with friends. But if enough people need a ride, i can just take off in the morning and use my car for some carpool action.....
Let's get this all nailed down, i'm stoked for this ride. :thumb:
Yo Skookum!!!! If we kicked down some $$$ could Kevin and I pool with you? I don't think we'll have a shuttle truck be that weekend?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
It deffinately works better to leave some transport at the bottom. The actuall ride is only about 1-1.25 hours. Last time we did it we had a van and a Blazer w/ a trailer. We took the van up the first run, then piled into the Blazer for the second. After the second we sent a car up to get the rigs at T-line while some watched the bikes at the bottom.

There is a chainup area right at the bottom of the pass a lil ways past Welches... The trail comes out right there so its the best place to meet up and sort out how to get everyone and their bikes up to T-line...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
1 week to go......

any oregon peeps have a report from this weekend?

Do we want to meet at this chain up area? I assume the trail comes out on the Left side of the road as your headed up hood?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
So some clarification needed.

Its been a long time since ive been to hood. I forget what towns are what. Welches is the town with the thriftway and little mini mall? Rhododendren is the last town before heading up to govy? Is this the town with the DQ, or is there also one in welches? Where does the trail drop you out?? Any portland peeps gonna come show us the way??

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Hi Guys, I've Been Reading Your Thread Beacuse I Too Am Interested In Riding The Glade Trail. I Live In Hood River. I Think You Should Get Some More Info About The Trail, Because If I'm Not Mistaken, That Trail Goes Down To The West End Of Govie, Not To Rhodie (the Next Town To West), And Not Welches (the Town After Rhodie To The West). I May Be Wrong, But That Is What I've Heard About In The Snowboarding World. I'll Be Interested In Seeing What You Come Up With.......motoxmg

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
MotoXmg said:
Hi Guys, I've Been Reading Your Thread Beacuse I Too Am Interested In Riding The Glade Trail. I Live In Hood River. I Think You Should Get Some More Info About The Trail, Because If I'm Not Mistaken, That Trail Goes Down To The West End Of Govie, Not To Rhodie (the Next Town To West), And Not Welches (the Town After Rhodie To The West). I May Be Wrong, But That Is What I've Heard About In The Snowboarding World. I'll Be Interested In Seeing What You Come Up With.......motoxmg
Well from what i understand its a multi part ride. Tline to govy.... then govy to Rhodie (just now i talked to a guy i work with that rides the trail often). It doent matter really right, we just ride down hill and we will be fine????

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tacoma Lad said:
what kind of trail is there dh xc or both. Or here is a better question what kind of bike set up are you all going to ride
We're riding big bikes, but i've heard it's a trail where you don't need it. Point down and go light speed is the way i figure we'll be doin it....