Quantcast

July 24th- T-line to welches? The official post....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Getting closer.....

Getting stoked.

Psycho mike and I are meeting at 7:30 at the lacey starbucks off of i-5 and sleater kinney road south. If yous others cant make that meeting time, where are we meeting down in oregon?? The Thriftway in welches might be a good place since we can stock up on any last minute things. it would be best though if we could meet up here to caravan down.

D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Getting closer.....

Getting stoked.

Psycho mike and I are meeting at 7:30 at the lacey starbucks off of i-5 and sleater kinney road south. If yous others cant make that meeting time, where are we meeting down in oregon?? The Thriftway in welches might be a good place since we can stock up on any last minute things. it would be best though if we could meet up here to caravan down.

D
Last time we talked to Skookum we were down for meeting you at Starbucks at 7:30 :angry: in the morning!!!

Is this one right off the exit?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
I'm usually not into the early morns either.....but it's gonna be frick'n HOT on Saturday. Getting this thing rolling early will be cooler.
I know I know....it's going to be hot and earlier the better. I'm bringing my traveling pillow and sleeping in the back on the way down :D Oh, and probably on the way home too ;)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
Last time we talked to Skookum we were down for meeting you at Starbucks at 7:30 :angry: in the morning!!!

Is this one right off the exit?
I sent you detailed instructions from the starbucks website.... You get them yet?

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
whats up got room for another???? I just told the girl that riding a new trail is the most important thing this weekend and well she agreed not really but I am going anyway so if you got room thats cool or I have a pickup and could fit 4-5 bikes so thats always a posablity

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Tacoma Lad said:
whats up got room for another???? I just told the girl that riding a new trail is the most important thing this weekend and well she agreed not really but I am going anyway so if you got room thats cool or I have a pickup and could fit 4-5 bikes so thats always a posablity
Cool.

As far as room, were sort of in a predicament. Not knowing who will be showing up down in oregon, we are at the limit with 5 people and 2 cars. If you come thats 6 people.....(we sorta need 3 cars to make it easiest) we have a truck with a x cab, but not a huge extension, and a subaru with racks for 3 bikes. THat car is full. We need at least 1 vehicle to leave at the bottom, and one for the drive up. Its a good sized drive up windy road. I wouldnt think it good to overload 1 truck with a ton of bikes and people. Besides the danger theres also the risk of getting pulled over. So, it might be good to drive with us.... got any other friends that would want to come? I'd hate to make ya fend the full price of gas and driving alone...... maybe more peeps will chime in.......

By tomorrow we will know for sure whos going. Do you know where the lacey starbucks is? Thats where we are meeting at 7:30.

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
sounds good I know wher lacy is just need the exit number. I will see if one other guy wants to but his bike is down so I hope he gets his bike by friday.If not its the price one must pay to ride oh well. I am supper stocked about this ride thought so that will get me throught the driving

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Tacoma Lad said:
sounds good I know wher lacy is just need the exit number. I will see if one other guy wants to but his bike is down so I hope he gets his bike by friday.If not its the price one must pay to ride oh well. I am supper stocked about this ride thought so that will get me throught the driving
I forget the exit #, but the road is Sleater Kinney S. You pass under the road and loop around. It brings you up onto the overpass. Cross the freeway, and go throught the first light (arbys on left), turn left at next light into the fred meyers complex. Stay left at the split and take next right into the lot. Youll see Starbucks on that wall about 1/2 way down. 7:30 am. It will be cool to meet/ ride with you........

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Looks like I'm not going to Whistler this weekend. I'll see about making it out to ride with you guys. I think we can get some other Portland guys to come. :thumb:
I've never done this ride so I'm eager to check it out.
With this heat spell upon us I think it should be a bit cooler up on the mountain.
H'mmm now if I could just get a ride from somebody, Toshi? Ryan?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Frank, you got a spot in my hoo-ride eh, I may only have one other(andrew) so if we need to, I can pile 2 more and some bikes in the trailer/jeep to get to the top. I've ridden the Glade on a snowboard a cuple million times, but never on a bike eh... Should be a good ride with alot of Monkey's out doin it up...can't wait

the 4x4's going in for some new treads tomorow :D

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
oly said:
Cool.

As far as room, were sort of in a predicament. Not knowing who will be showing up down in oregon, we are at the limit with 5 people and 2 cars. If you come thats 6 people.....(we sorta need 3 cars to make it easiest) we have a truck with a x cab, but not a huge extension, and a subaru with racks for 3 bikes. THat car is full. We need at least 1 vehicle to leave at the bottom, and one for the drive up. Its a good sized drive up windy road. I wouldnt think it good to overload 1 truck with a ton of bikes and people. Besides the danger theres also the risk of getting pulled over. So, it might be good to drive with us.... got any other friends that would want to come? I'd hate to make ya fend the full price of gas and driving alone...... maybe more peeps will chime in.......

By tomorrow we will know for sure whos going. Do you know where the lacey starbucks is? Thats where we are meeting at 7:30.
It won't help you down from Washingtn, but as far as the shuttle goes, I've got a Cherokee and a utility trailer, and I'm more than willing to haul some bikes if it'll help the shuttle. so 11a at the Welches DQ eh... see yall there.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Get_Some said:
It won't help you down from Washingtn, but as far as the shuttle goes, I've got a Cherokee and a utility trailer, and I'm more than willing to haul some bikes if it'll help the shuttle. so 11a at the Welches DQ eh... see yall there.
Cool, So it sounds like it will be a good group, with probably enough cars to do a good shuttle..

Tacoma lad, Plan on meet us in lacey still. We can see about the ride down...It will be easier to meet there than to have multiple stops in the morning......

Should be fun guys! I have a few co-workers down at hood right now. They said it was real nice up on the MTN yesterday.... not too hot. Unfortunatly., tyhe guy who knows the trail real good cant go, but i have the maps, and a basic idea of the rout from t-line down. He said to make sure we do cross town......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
So, a thought occured... Bring the full body gear so if we have time maybe we can hit the bowl for a few lift runs. I'd like to check it out if theres time after the ride.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
So, a thought occured... Bring the full body gear so if we have time maybe we can hit the bowl for a few lift runs. I'd like to check it out if theres time after the ride.
Hey! That's a really good idea! ;)

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Sorry To Hear About The Injury....but How Did The Ride Go? I'm Still Fishing For Info About The Glade Trail. Did You Ride To Govie And Then Welches Or What? Thanks, Mike (hood River) Ps- Toshi Any Pics Of Trail??

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
MotoXmg said:
Sorry To Hear About The Injury....but How Did The Ride Go? I'm Still Fishing For Info About The Glade Trail. Did You Ride To Govie And Then Welches Or What? Thanks, Mike (hood River) Ps- Toshi Any Pics Of Trail??
I'd head to a map store and buy some of the green trails maps. The ones i had were a great help..it lists all the trail#s that correspond to the signs. . Its pertty basic finding the way. The glade trail starts next to the magic mile chair, on the west side... It goes down through an open ski trail, then into singletrack in the trees. Theres one Y that can drop you into GOVY just above the huckleberry in, ot you can keep going straight..theres a sign on a power pole..... If you take the Y down it intersects "crosstown". Thats a fun trail that hooks back up to the bridal trail that goes down to rhode. Also, the trail crosses the HWY at the start of the big uphill. thats where we shuttled from, but it does basically continue almost to the DQ, but i hear its real rough.... rocky riverbed stuff. Wwe didnt do the lower part, but another friend did on a hardtail.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Some beautiful area up there i'm gonna get back up there next year and hit it for sure. The Timberline was kinda cool, really just fast descending sandy rocky style. But alot of dust flyin, i was basically using the "force" to see the trail. i heard that the lower sections ripped can't wait to get back there again and do up the trail right next time. :thumb:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I thought the upper part of the trail before Govey was the funnest. But then I think I might have been the only one who could see the trail. :D I wanted to shuttle that again. It's like a downhill race course, with a log across it.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
So, what is the consensus, is it worth the making the trip (from Hood River) to ride this weekend, or is it too dusty?? Did you pop out at the chainup area east of Rhodie? Thanks, Mike

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
MotoXmg said:
So, what is the consensus, is it worth the making the trip (from Hood River) to ride this weekend, or is it too dusty?? Did you pop out at the chainup area east of Rhodie? Thanks, Mike
i'd say that it's worth it from hood river or portland, but not from seattle imo.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
thanks toshi......any pics from this weekend other than the bum leg?? Just to update everyone......rode Post Canyon this evening, was great....rode postal/frankenstien, and gp....all in good shape other than a little marbly.....Mike :thumb:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
MotoXmg said:
Dusty? I had no problem, thanks to everyone letting me take off first. :thumb:
First we popped out at Goverment Camp then reentered the trail and rode down to where the trail crosses 26 and had the trucks parked.
It's not much of a trip from Hood River. What type of riding do you prefer? Top to bottom, there is a variety of terrain favoring different bikes at different times.
I had a good time and wouldn't mind hitting it again.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Twisted, I ride a specialized p3 , as far as riding preferences, i like it all!! Sure would like to do some urban in pdx some day, bout the only thing i havent done yet. Any tips for glade trail trip? otherwise I am gonna give it a try this weekend!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
MotoXmg said:
Twisted, I ride a specialized p3 , as far as riding preferences, i like it all!! Sure would like to do some urban in pdx some day, bout the only thing i havent done yet. Any tips for glade trail trip? otherwise I am gonna give it a try this weekend!
Ooooh, hmmm. All of us were on 7" plus bikes except Dave with 5" and I don't know how he did it. I guess you could tough it out down to Govey, the rest of the trail your bike will be fine.
We'll See if Toshi, Ryan, Frank, Jeremy, or anybody else wants to head up with me to ride with you.
You can hook up with me to ride urban. I live close to downtown Portland and know some cool spots to ride. :thumb:

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
So, did a 6:00 evening ride on the Glade trail to Govie Sunday (due to livin in Hood River, only takes a 1/2hr to get there.). Not too bad on the P3 with 5" up front, but extremely rocky! So when you ride real downhill bikes, is that not an issue, or did ya still have to dodge'em like me?? Pretty short ride from the lodge to Govie, only 25 minutes or so with stops for an occasional log ride...any descriptions of which direction to take when you get to the bottom to go to Rhodie? The lower trail less rocky,I imagine? Mike

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I blow right through those rocks on my big bike. :D
When the trail splits, stay to the right. look to the right for the next trail, there is a sign. that trail starts out real twisty and flat with lots of roots and rough bridges over the creeks. Then it goes down. There are a couple uphills that we pushed :mumble: but it's mostly downhill. Towards the end there are tight bermed corners and a few fun bonus jumps along side the trail. :thumb:

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
I rode it on Sat and it's geting sketch on top. All the sand.

Were goning to do it again soon, so if anyone else wants to go it would be cool