Quantcast

Jumping bike

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
OK Guys/gals. Wasn't sure where to post this but I just had a blast at Highland mtb park this week BUT, my bike doesn't cut it. I have a Balfa bb7. My other steed is a Titus Supermoto. Although I didn't try the Titus at Highland I think both are outdated. I want a jumping bike. I am an intermediate that is having trouble getting comfortable doing jumps/drops. The Balfa is a true dh sled, not a park bike. Should I give the Titus a whirl or look for a (used) bike? If so what vis good to start with? Thanks.

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
:rolleyes:Not a lot of input becuase of the way I worded my question which really is I need suggestion for a good park bike that is suited for a park like Highland.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
try a light travel freeride bike, like the Transition Double or the Transition Bottlerocket.

true dirtjump/street bikes are hardtails in my opinion. If your looking for a fun bike to take to a ski lift park type place you'd probably have more fun on something with a little squish. If you want to get into dirt jumping and riding trails, get a hardtail designed around dj.

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
Ahhhh, yes. I was thinking something with 5 1/2 or 6 inch travel that is rugged. Too much squish is no good, I don't think I would like a hardtail even if it is efficient.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
For a jumping/park bike I went with a Bottlerocket. I'd also look ingo the transition Double, Intense Slopestyle, Commencal Absolut, Corsair Konig.