Quantcast

Jumps at your house

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
There is also 2 doubles with little jumps bulit on and around them in a dirt ally at my friends house down the street 15s away.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i have jumps 20mins from my house, off the bike trail. very secluded, except quads come thru sometimes. At least they respect our work and stay off the jumps. we got an 8 pack, but since all the snowstorms this winter, only the first 5 doubles are rideable. still sweet tho. its like 2 minutes from the skatepark too.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am trying to build a wooden trail next bmy double. For now , I got a 16' shelf with 2x4's under it which was a shelf in the garge that we took out. I stacked firewood under it, so it is about a foot and a half high with a little lip up to it. It is really rickety.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here is my jump with a wooden thing ( It was a shelf in our garage we took out; I thought it would be good for riding until I build a stronger. taller one).

How do I upload it?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
bballboy388 said:
wow that looks like the most random spot ever!
Haha, wow it does. Thats sunny cali for you or just a person who doesnt feel like riding down into some woods. But if I did that I might get poison ivy real bad. Haha

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
There is no where to build jumps here. In town there are a few little things, but in an alley that is 10s away there are two 12' doubles. I can do them but they aren't fun.THere isn't even a gas atation here, it is in another town 7mi away. This is my only jump. Up ahead in the pic with bmw, in the front, I want to build a 30' table top (you could go off a steep lip and get high or go off a slacker lip and clear it and land at the bottom; the llanding would be longer than the lip) My mom won't let me build it thpugh.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, yea I wanted to build a jump on the side of my house but my dad wouldnt let me. But I have an area to build jumps about 30 secs. away and already built and always riding jumps about 5 mins. away.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My friend and I just rebuilt his doubles yesterday, they are steeper. I put flat rocks in the top of the lip, they are flat sandstone one that you would use in a garden.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
mtnbrider said:
My friend and I just rebuilt his doubles yesterday, they are steeper. I put flat rocks in the top of the lip, they are flat sandstone one that you would use in a garden.

your trails look like fun!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just rebuilt a double down the street. It was like 12' long with a 1' lip and landing. I made the lip taller and pulled the landing toward the lip and also made it higher. I also put a little stepup double on the side. Along the fence I want to build a rythm section.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just rebuilt a double down the street. It was like 12' long with a 1' lip and landing. I made the lip taller and pulled the landing toward the lip and also made it higher. I also put a little stepup double on the side. Along the fence I want to build a rythm section.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Last night we built a landing for the 3' launch ramp we built a while ago. THey are about 9' apart. We get pretty high. Then we built a rythm section. first there is a 1 foot kicker, then 5' away is a landing. 7' from there is a double that is 1.5' high and 5' long. He rides bmx I ride mostly mtb. It took a few tries to get the rythm. I went fast and did the first double, then leaned forward on the landing, then manualed/preloaded the rear hard and kicked back wheel up on the landing. It is really fun. Next time I go to his house I will take pictures.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey i got ahold of a digi camera, so i took a pic of the jumps i've reincarnated at my house. I used to build lots of jumps here when i was in highschool, but when i went to school they got no lovin and crumbled eventually.

So far its only two jumps but theres plenty of room for more.

Attachments

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
rpk1988 said:
And lots of rooms for ladders and such.

never thought about building those here! :thumb:

i have wood laying around, i might try building some after i finish a few more doubles. The plan for these two sets is next a hip to the right into a fat ass berm sending you back the way you came and more sets

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I think my parents are going to let me build a 30' tablestop. It will have a steep side w/ a steep landing and a slack side with a long, slack landing. It will be about 6 feet high so I will build drops off the side. Then I will have a berm after and a little double around the corner.