Quantcast

Junior Seau : DEAD APPARENT SUICIDE

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
^^^^^Probably not. I think the fact the note he left about having his brain given to science to aid in determining the effects of playing in the NFL coinciding with a shocking crackdown on the bounty players... is going to lead to NFL changes. Probably the kind of changes that will turn the league into powderpuff football in the name of protecting players... Not that it is surprising.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
^^^^^Probably not. I think the fact the note he left about having his brain given to science to aid in determining the effects of playing in the NFL coinciding with a shocking crackdown on the bounty players... is going to lead to NFL changes. Probably the kind of changes that will turn the league into powderpuff football in the name of protecting players... Not that it is surprising.
Read the article. He didn't leave a note, another player that committed suicide last year left one.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Some of my fondest football memories involved watching Seau level a QB. RIP Junior. I'll stop by your restaurant today and have a beer in your honor.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
...when people commit suicide with a gun, how often is it that they shoot themselves in the chest? That seems like it would be hard as hell to do and leave you with a painful, slow death.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
...when people commit suicide with a gun, how often is it that they shoot themselves in the chest? That seems like it would be hard as hell to do and leave you with a painful, slow death.
they are talking about that now on CNN and they said it isnt common to do that. they eluded to him possibly doing that to have his brain studied because of CTE just like Dave Duerson. but if you shoot yourself in the heart, you arent going to suffer

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, what a way to go. And you've got to love ESPN showing the footage of poor his mom in grieving pain...over, and over, and over. Eff I hate ESPN.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Several ex-football players have "chosen" to check out that way. The rational, and I use the word loosely, is to leave the brain intact so that it can be studied in regards to TBI and other brain issues that the NFL (and military) have been sweeping under the rug. Not a great way to go either way.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Several ex-football players have "chosen" to check out that way. The rational, and I use the word loosely, is to leave the brain intact so that it can be studied in regards to TBI and other brain issues that the NFL (and military) have been sweeping under the rug. Not a great way to go either way.....
There an echo in here?