Quantcast

Just bought me a 29er!

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
I just got back from my first ride on my new Kona Unit 2-9... I freaking love this thing! Its my first hard tail, actually! lol... but it happens to also be my first 29er, and first single speed! I was getting s really good workout on the climbs, but we did alright!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I think it should be a mandatory rite of passage for all first time mountain bikers to have to ride a rigid forked, hard tail before they are allowed to move on to a full suspension rig. :biggrin:

Bike shop clerk: Hey, I see you're interested in that full suspension rig

client: Yeah, it's sweet!

Bike shop clerk: Okay, ya gotta license for this thing? Let's see yer wallet, son! :biggrin:

Anyway.......great to see you are enjoying the big wheels now! Sounds like you've been smitten! :cupidarrow:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
This was my first year on the SS 29er and I must say it has opened up a whole new world in my riding. SO fun to corner and pass your geared friends on nasty climbs. Enjoy it and post some pics!!

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
its a 19".. But you have to realize that im a cheap ass when it comes to cameras and i still use kodak disposables and my camera phone... so, ill throw up a pic, but it'll prolly really bad.... I am in lust with this bike right now! I went down town to pay my water and electric bills and took my bike when i would normally just drive! i am def. riding a lot more now than before... I think im sold! :-)

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
Perhaps against the law if you reside in the land of the retards! Some of us value our face! I have broken my jaw once before and do no intend on it happening again! thanks for the concern though! :-)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Perhaps against the law if you reside in the land of the retards! Some of us value our face! I have broken my jaw once before and do no intend on it happening again! thanks for the concern though! :-)
ouch

ps: I saw a dude do a 24 hour solo in a fullface and all black kit (on a damn hot & sunny day)

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
haha... that would be a drag!! im not down for the long rides with a full face! lol just when im feeling frisky and doing dumb stuff... :)