Quantcast

Just call me Sir Bailsalot II

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I gotta back out of Monkeyfest.

My mother is having a birthday part on Sat, and apparently what started out as a bday part has turned into a mini family reunion, and somehow I didn't find out until today that that was the case.

I talked to my mother briefly and told her I had a prior commitment (no biggies, it's just a bday party, right?). She basically put down an ultimatum saying if I don't go it could cause a rift between us that can't be fixed.

It sucks, and I hate it, but I have to give in on this on... mostly for the sake of my daughter who adores her grandmother. I hate everything about this, but I don't think it's a bridge I can burn right now.

Sorry guys. Hope you're still able to have fun (weak laugh).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well now I don't feel quite so bad about having to work this weekend anyway...

Still wish I could be there, though.

Fvcking recalls.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Dude! That f*cking SUCKS! :(

yes it does SU_CK

Douglas was looking forward to hanging/riding up w/Jackson & Stosh and now he has to drive SOLO :mumble:

but YO Jackson, as I already told ya - family does comes 1st !

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Dude! That f*cking SUCKS! :(
yea, it really does. On a side note though, I'm going to be bacheloring it the week of Aug 8-14th. Any rochester monkies care to show a fat, out of shape slob around the trails up there?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
yea, it really does. On a side note though, I'm going to be bacheloring it the week of Aug 8-14th. Any rochester monkies care to show a fat, out of shape slob around the trails up there?
No..... but you could come out to Colorado, as I'm batching it the 10th-19th. The riding out here is........ <ahem> pretty nice. :evil:

-S.S.-

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
jacksonpt said:
Only on RM can I back out of something like monkey fest and have the thread turn into a bash stosh thread. I love RM!
Would you rather talk about how sissy Dh'ers are... :mumble: :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Only on RM can I back out of something like monkey fest and have the thread turn into a bash stosh thread. I love RM!
Dude I was thinking the same thing. I've been waiting for your user title to change but it hasn't.... GRRRRRRRRRR

Last year I had family things and was donned my new name.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Yes and this year you swore up and down you were going to be there, . . . . . . .. . . Only to get a Big hay Bail :D
I know and I still have Friday off.

Oh well it's probably for the best I haven't been on my bike since mid June.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
stosh said:
I know and I still have Friday off.

Oh well it's probably for the best I haven't been on my bike since mid June.
Yeah we all know monkeyfest is only for the fittest of riders... we ususally ditch the slow ones by mile 3 to never seem them again... ever...

Come on man, it would be great if you could make it.... (last attempt at convincing RM's greatest poster to come...)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
"She basically put down an ultimatum saying if I don't go it could cause a rift between us that can't be fixed."

How old are you? Or perhaps the beter question is how old is your mom? :eek:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
"She basically put down an ultimatum saying if I don't go it could cause a rift between us that can't be fixed."

:stupid:

think about it

"mom I cant go to this big/important family reunion you planned because I want to ride my bike with a bunch of people I only know from the internet"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:

Yea... I know - that's part of all this. It's a really crappy situation (for everyone), and the ultimatum is a bit part of it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
:stupid:

think about it

"mom I cant go to this big/important family reunion you planned because I want to ride my bike with a bunch of people I only know from the internet"
Relax....it was a joke (please note the attempted [and apparently failed] smiley humor). Jeez. :rolleyes:

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
stosh said:
Now I know where the saying "Save the Drama for your Mama" came from.

It is better said as.. "Save/delete the Drama from your Mama" and look it up later, while it is savely stored at your harddisk.

But on a side note i have had a really big laugh, about the changed thingss, concerning our beloved Stosh.

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
:stosh:

then go - and lose the title & avatar

NOW, threre's plenty of room in my ride
Come on Stosh !!!

Be a man , Go get your balls out of your Girlfriends Purse ( or where ever she hides them) and come join us for Monkeyfest! Just fdo the Fri/Sat thing like it looks like a bunch of us are going to be doing !

COme on Stosh

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT !

BTW , what was your excuse this year ?