Quantcast

Just called Canada....

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I called the guys in charge of the Collectiive video to ask a few questions about when I'd get my video.....I nearly lost it when the guy said "aboot 10 days."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
when we first got into Canada, i noticed the lack of any accent...until i heard "aboot"...about **** in my pants, i did.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dog Welder said:
I called the guys in charge of the Collectiive video to ask a few questions about when I'd get my video.....I nearly lost it when the guy said "aboot 10 days."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the first post today that made me laugh so loud my cow-workers looked over into my cube. Thanks eh!

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
true dat its like if you just did a trick or sumthin and you say:
in the USA: that rocked, didnt it?
in canada: That rocked, eh?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
MMike said:
Actually we say "about". Americans say "abaaaaaaaa-owwwwwwt".

If it were meant to be said like that, it would be spelled "abowt".
then so would "Shout" "Out" "Clout" etc...

wrong answer! :nopity:

Silly canuck ;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
TheMontashu, Please, for the sake of all of us, SHUT THE HELL UP!

Burnwood said:
Speaking of pronunciations...What the hell is a dee-cal...

It sounds like your some sort of atkins addicted gangster..."I be watchin decals yo."

Soda just came out of my nose, thanks a lot :p

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Roasted said:
We say uuge...how is that pronounced?...are you from the east coast...
Well, sort of. I was 6 months old when we moved to Alberta. But non of my direct family have an east-coast accent. I've just always said huge(h-uge) as opposed to uuge(you-ge). I guess it just me.

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
My friend bought his bike from a canadian, and he was so confused when the guy mentioned it had red reflective deck-les

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i had a girl in BC tell me the reason the roads in America sucked (are rough) was due to the fact that tanks need traction on streets in times of war. huh? what the ****? 2 days prior to that, i was on HWY 37.

she was hot, though. um...real hot. and i was buzzed. and i had been hanging out with 18 guys for the 2 months prior, day and night. no way in hell was i gonna call her dumb at that point in time.

i love canadian girls. i love williams lake.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we have Safeways. but the girls who work there aren't anywhere as hot as the chicks that worked at the Safeway in Williams Lake. Jessica Huthcins, or Hotchins, or something, was her name. and the girls who do the trash pick-up and ****, on the side of the road...man, a lot of them were cute, too. here in Texas, wetbacks and community service people do that stuff.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Hahahahaha...oh ok now I get it :)...yeah they do breed em nice. I have met a lot of girls from Salmon Arm (moved to whistler area) and couldn't believe the ratio of hot to pretty. Nothing remotely ugly in the mix. Must be the water out here, coming from ontario where the mutts are aplenty :D