Quantcast

Just for Zedro

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
hey eBully, w/ 7,812 posts, you'd think you'd have learned about the PM function by now.

:stosh: ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Joe Pozer said:
Can I view the picture also or is Zedro the only one allowed in this thread?
You can view it, special permissions and all.

He seems to hate it when people actually wash their bikes..so seeing as water pressure at the bike wash was nil. I let it air dry on the trip home. There is about 1/4" of mud caked to everything.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Does your 40 really compress all the way to the crown? Mine stops atleast in inch short of that (7" position...)

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
MMike said:
I'm good enough. Appears to be a muddy, yet boxy bicycle...
wtf, now i can see it.....Ridemonkeys been wack lately.....

that bike is completly flawed, the shock doesnt even run parallel to the toptube. At least filling cabinets are all squared off...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stoney98 said:
is yours as low as it can go in the crowns?
Yup. I have about 1/4" of space between the seal lip and the crown at full compression.

I can bottom it in the parking lot by riding, pushing my weight forward and slamming on the brake. On the trail however, it feels perfect, bottoming once or twice a run with 2 clicks of high speed compression adjustment and 3 of low.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
zedro said:
it would depend on how you setup your axle/crown height. If you have 8" of leg showing, then you're fine
Ya mean stantion? Because if thats what you mean i have 7 1/4" of stantion...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Transcend said:
Yup. I have about 1/4" of space between the seal lip and the crown at full compression.

I can bottom it in the parking lot by riding, pushing my weight forward and slamming on the brake. On the trail however, it feels perfect, bottoming once or twice a run with 2 clicks of high speed compression adjustment and 3 of low.
What do you weigh? I am 140 running the ti spring, i might need the lighter one...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Red Bull said:
What do you weigh? I am 140 running the ti spring, i might need the lighter one...
I'm 145, you definitly need the soft spring, no question. The ti one sent all sorts of high frequency hits right to my hands and the wheel didn't track worth a damn.

Miko - The course is in ok condition. It was muddy as hell and a little torn up, but besides that not too bad. LOTS of exposed rocks right now tho, more then usual.

The rock drop at the top is gone. 100%. It must have eroded or something and fallen out, as they were using some logs and rebar to crib it up last week. Rebar is still there since, but logs seem to have been taken out.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
zedro said:
wtf, now i can see it.....Ridemonkeys been wack lately.....

that bike is completly flawed, the shock doesnt even run parallel to the toptube. At least filling cabinets are all squared off...
The frame was "B" stock, thats why he got a good deal on it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
My bike was the same way yesterday. Caked from the weekends race. Didnt want to wash it at 11:00 when i got home. The cool thing is i discovered a great new way to wash my bike.......

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Transcend said:
I'm 145, you definitly need the soft spring, no question. The ti one sent all sorts of high frequency hits right to my hands and the wheel didn't track worth a damn.

Miko - The course is in ok condition. It was muddy as hell and a little torn up, but besides that not too bad. LOTS of exposed rocks right now tho, more then usual.

The rock drop at the top is gone. 100%. It must have eroded or something and fallen out, as they were using some logs and rebar to crib it up last week. Rebar is still there since, but logs seem to have been taken out.
Yah, your right, i dont have much sag at all...
How much do they run? I know they dont have Ti yet, maybe i could buy it off of some heavier rider who will never need it...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stoney98 said:
Fraser just said the Ti was bad.... :confused:
Only because it only comes in medium. I would love it if it came in soft.

redbull- no idea, all the aftermarket forks actually ship with 3 springs.
1 800 fox shox They may be willing to swap the spring it if its a new OEM fork?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Transcend said:
Only because it only comes in medium. I would love it if it came in soft.

redbull- no idea, all the aftermarket forks actually ship with 3 springs.
1 800 fox shox They may be willing to swap the spring it if its a new OEM fork?
Its not new... Im just wondering if that might be a good idea to do...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
oly said:
My bike was the same way yesterday. Caked from the weekends race. Didnt want to wash it at 11:00 when i got home. The cool thing is i discovered a great new way to wash my bike.......

It washes the bike, OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
oly said:
That kid's toothbrush is HUGE!!!

BTW Fraser, nice Super 8 there. Er, uh...um....

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
Transcend said:

The race will not be in the same track as the others years... if you meant that. I let you guess the new track.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
vincent said:
The race will not be in the same track as the others years... if you meant that. I let you guess the new track.
Where exactly did you hear this? According to the promoter, it will be on the same course as always. Every year someone starts this rumour, and every year it is proven to not be the case.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
I'm not 100% sure but heard it from really good source, haven't you noticed that the adrenaline was more clean than the world cup and that everyone was riding it sunday....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
vincent said:
I'm not 100% sure but heard it from really good source, haven't you noticed that the adrenaline was more clean than the world cup and that everyone was riding it sunday....
no idea what trail adrenaline is. They all were in pretty bad shape, maintenance wise. Only #7 seemed to even be halfway decent..the OLD quebec cup course from way back.

Who exactly told you this? Mondiale du velo said it woudl be on the same course as normal.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
adrenaline is the master's course, and many persons told it to me but I'm sure were not supposed to know it. Sunday after noon, when a lot of people knew it, there was a s*** load of persons checking lines. If I'm right, the course will go trought the first rock face at the top with the chicken pass on it, after it's going in the first north shore section and it's going at left when you have the choice between the master and the shore.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
vincent said:
adrenaline is the master's course, and many persons told it to me but I'm sure were not supposed to know it. Sunday after noon, when a lot of people knew it, there was a s*** load of persons checking lines. If I'm right, the course will go trought the first rock face at the top with the chicken pass on it, after it's going in the first north shore section and it's going at left when you have the choice between the master and the shore.
That trail was in HORRIBLE shape after last weekend when i went. UGH, super slow and easy as hell as well, not technical at all. Not to mention it was an absolute mud pit at the bottom. They started the same rumour last year tho, so I guess we shall see.

Who the hell ads wooden crap to a race course, especially when bromont has one of the best race courses in existence already. It isn't like they need terrain.

Thanks for the heads up tho if that is the case.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
I understand you to don't trust me... a nobody comes and tells everyones that the course is changing.
I personally think it's more technical than the old race cause it's alot steaper...
Anyway, we'll see saturday

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
vincent said:
I understand you to don't trust me... a nobody comes and tells everyones that the course is changing.
I personally think it's more technical than the old race cause it's alot steaper...
Anyway, we'll see saturday
It's not technical at all..the rocks on the old race course are technical! The slow ass 90 degree haiurpins all the way down some wooden crap is just..stupid.

It isn't that I don't believe you at all dude, but the same rumour starts every year. And the masters course was in absolute crappy condition when i rode it once last week. HUGE mud hole at the bottom..and its a long way to go from the waterpark to the parking lot in a full sprint. ugh.

Just pretty much a stupid change if they do it thats all. Practice starts Friday BTW, not saturday.