Quantcast

just got my city to let us make a DJ park

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
we want to starting digging by spring but thats at the fastest, if not then next winter for srue. started by going to parks and rec. department, lucky one of the guys was into the idea and could work on it during city time, so he did most of the organiztion work i and a firend did all the bike realted info and got the biker group together.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
were hiring a designer(most likely hilride) and then we build the jumps. so ya tables most likely but at least were going to have a legal spot to build on. we do have our own spot for our small crew for the real deal stuff(were bulding a 10ft roll in right now, that is tallllll)

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
so pumped right now. just got the city council to drop 10G's on a desgin, but there letting us do the building work....
Do you mean the city is paying for a design AND MATERIALS AND BOBCAT etc. for $10,000?

Or are they paying $10,000 for plans on paper and yall have to do the rest?

I'm reading about Hilride right now..... www.hilride.com

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
we should make a sticky of all the legit municipal jump spots. Seems like there are more and more every month. We have 2 here in NYC.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
10g for the plans. damn expensive and we couldn have done them ourselves, but the city had to do it. then they will paay for fencing dirt and then bobcats shovels and water, we got to raise money for sure but there putting up a big part of it.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
ok heres the low down, riden this park a couple times and have talked to the builders as well.

these '40' tables are correct in #. however there on perrty much flat ground. spaced out WAY to far, u have to pedal like crazy between each to get speed to clear them, the transitions are not very good. the BMX is TITs. they have a sweet trials(yes trials) area. The jumps are defantly not worth it if u have to travel to it. there is about 10 or so that u can easily have enough speed to hit. they are bigger.

When i was last there i talked to the builders, i found them at a set of 3 VERY nice spaced/transitioned and size jumps. talked to them and they said that the desginers for the park made them do it like such. they plan on rebuilding it this spring. I will be out there again for Easter(family) and will check them out agian and get back to you to see how there doing.

10g for the plans. damn expensive and we couldn have done them ourselves, but the city had to do it. then they will paay for fencing dirt and then bobcats shovels and water, we got to raise money for sure but there putting up a big part of it.

So yall got hilride to do it, even though they apparently didn't know how to design a jump line at the Fresno park ? Were they at least open to listening to you about how it should be designed ?

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
So yall got hilride to do it, even though they apparently didn't know how to design a jump line at the Fresno park ? Were they at least open to listening to you about how it should be designed ?
the difference between fresno and the park in my city is that, a person in fresno made the builders follow the EXACT plans on the jumps, ie. distance apart, shape, size, flow. at my citys park, we, the builders, are building the park.

the local newspapers are talking about the park alot so hopefully well get a good community welcome

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Do you mean the city is paying for a design AND MATERIALS AND BOBCAT etc. for $10,000?

Or are they paying $10,000 for plans on paper and yall have to do the rest?

I'm reading about Hilride right now..... www.hilride.com
CMC... i expect us to have a park in the next year... because youre a bamf... right?