Quantcast

Just got the frame for my next build

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
SBR? 5.56 or 6.8?

Don't shoot the fun bags. Meet a woman who comes with her own previously purchased bolt on's and a love of fire arms.

Wait, my ex really likes fire fighters...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I think I am just going to spring for it and get the Sig 556 SBR from the factory, keep it in the truck.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I see the makings of a fun little 3 gun rifle, look's like you're going to have to go get yourself a binelli m4 and something along the lines of a wilson or a les bear to go with it

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You're going to tell the heavily armed kids where to take their conversations?

Reminds me of a story from not too long ago. Like to hear it, 'cause here it goes...

Maybe a month and a half ago I was out shooting with some friends for a bachelor party gun and bike festival. We were lighting off everything in the arsenal that wasn't an automatic, 2 miles from the nearest dwelling or public road, keeping in the definition of the law.

Some ass clown comes up as I'm blasting away with my M1A, asking if we're "shooting handguns." Now I understand how a 7.62mm rifle can be confused for a handgun, but I digress.

He starts going off about how we're not supposed to be there, how he and his kids have a higher right to the side of the mountain than we do, etc and so forth. Now mind you I am a polite gun owner, I apologized a few times, explained that we were legally in the right, and that there was plenty of room for everyone on the mountain.

But someone couldn't let it go. "I'm gonna call the ranger, you're getting a ticket," so on and on and on...

What I realized was that really it would have been easier to dig four holes than to listen to his BS for much longer. But I resisted my homicidal impulses, didn't dig a hole for him and his kids, etc.

The moral of the story: Don't tell people with guns anything. You'll never be exactly sure who you're getting into. My dad always told me to wait for when they ran out of ammo to say something...

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
The moral of the story: Don't tell people with guns anything. You'll never be exactly sure who you're getting into. My dad always told me to wait for when they ran out of ammo to say something...
You're totally right, you should be able to run your mouth as much as you want simply because you hold a tool that happens to be designed to kill and everyone else should just shut up because you're right :think:......

Enjoy your hobbies, I'm all for that, as long as it doesn't impact mine (sounds like you were in the right in the OP). Live and let live. But don't spout this "I'm right because I hold the weapon" crap, it just makes you look like a dumb(er) gun owner.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
"I'm right because I hold the weapon" crap, it just makes you look like a dumb(er) gun owner.
take a breath and unbunch something

what DMG was trying to say was that.. it's ok to voice your opinion, just pay attention to your timing. If you're gonna get into a heated conversation with someone holding a weapon... it would be prudent to wait until he's unloaded his weapon and/or he's out of ammo.

thankfully DMG was level headed (for once) and didn't unload on him.... remember, there are people scarier than DMG with a gun.... imagine knuck with a gun..... I'd prolly have to dig my own grave and I'm in socal

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's what I was trying to say. Be cool and we'll be cool, but the whole "hey noob" thing has never set very well with me. Nor has the "we're here, and we're more important" thing. Its all about timing, and knowing with whom you are speaking.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I know very little about guns... what is that little stubby thing?
It looks like a cross between a pistol, ak47, mp5 and a rocket launcher :D

Seriously though, what is it? What's the typical usage of something like that?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well Im not cool enough to get something like this, But I stopped at the local GS today, seriously thinking about the Glock model 23 for at home/CCW instead of the 357. GFF any opinions on the 23?