Quantcast

just moved to sac, need help

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
dont even have a car down here, but im lookin for places to ride, and people to ride with, the only thing i have found so far is a skate park in rush park and a few outlying ones other places. anyone down to do some urban or show me some fun stuff?

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
hook up with some of the locals at rusch park. there is a lot of street up in that area. do you ride mtn bikes or bmx. what is your favorite type of riding

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
i ride a lot of mountain bikes, i just got a new bike i was riding a yeti DH9 for a while but just switched to a cannondale prophet, gonna try my luck with an all mountain bike. but i grew up riding bmx, i used to ride rush a lot when it first opend, but havent been there in ages. but yeah i will start trying to hang wit hthe locals.

Bevis

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Norcal
Heath at "The Hub" bike shop may be able to connect you with some local riders and places to ride.
They're also a Cannondale dealer.

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
where is the hub at? and yeah northstar is sick for sure, i just moved down from tahoe after being a ski bum up there for over 2 years, and before that i grew up in grass valley, so i know lots of fun stuff up in that direction and i have plenty of peeps to ride with out of town. Just none of those friends want to ride sac, and i dont blame them lol. but yeah im just here to finish up school and get back to the mountains.

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
for sure man thanks for the heads up, i think im gonna go check it out asap, do they do good work? i saw that they do stuff with the sierra butte trail stuwerdship, i know a few people on that crew.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Sup Ben, welcome to the hood. FYI y'all, I just had 100 cubic yards of diznert dumped in my street...pump track!!!! OK, back to you Ben, We would love to hang and show you some trails, bmx track for gate practice, Folsom Bike park and some private dirt jumps along with auburn trails, Granite bays trails, all kinds of goodness, urban, whatever you need and yes we work with Wayno and the boys at STBS. We adpot The North Yuba trail and will be sponsoring the N Yuba Epic coming up on the 17 and 18th. Hit us up or come by the Hub sometime. PM me for my personal info if you like.
Welcome to the Sac!

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
can we get into the bmx track? and i saw that folsom mtn bike skills park, is it any good? i just moved from a strictly DH bike to an all monutain bike, and im having a lot of fun being able to pedal it around :) as for sbts I know metal mike and kinda wayno, i have talked to him a few times, but i talk to metal quite a bit, i have known him for a few years he is a cool dude. and i dont have a car down here yet, im saving all my money at my current job trying to get one, but till then im more than happy to be on my bike every day. but i wont have a bike in time for the epic. and thanks for the welcome.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
it depends what track you are going to. most bmx tracks are chill if your a mountain biker. folsom bike park is really fun it has a lot to offer. there is some fun dirt jumps in folsom also. they are not big but are really fun

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
nice, well this place sounds fun enough :) and plenty of people riding around here, i was living in tahoe and grass valley aka mountain biking mekkas, and you would be surprised how small the talent pool is, like there are lots of good riders dont get me wrong, but to find them is waaaaay harder than here.