Quantcast

Just told work...

I have never had problems getting away for Monkeyfest, and did my two week trip last year with various riding friends.

If, however, I decided to take, say, a month for maybe a drive out to Colorado and Utar or to wander in New Zealand, or Argentina, I would at a minimum need to find someone to keep grass at bay in the yard.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have never had problems getting away for Monkeyfest, and did my two week trip last year with various riding friends.

If, however, I decided to take, say, a month for maybe a drive out to Colorado and Utar or to wander in New Zealand, or Argentina, I would at a minimum need to find someone to keep grass at bay in the yard.
Can I go with you to New Zealand?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you have a van...take two months if you go to colorado/utah and throw in wyoming/montana...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Steve,

If I was absent other commitments, there'd be no van, just me on the Moonlander starting in new Haven, Vermont, destination Tierra Del Fuego. However, a certain lifetime commitment intercedes. Wyoming and Montana are also on my bucket list.
i've seen pictures of a few tandem fatbikes floating around. just sayin'

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are you going to train your replacement or will your employer have to find someone else to maintain the water-wheel and operate the steam-donkey? Will they have to update the abacus?

Westy, you don't even want to know the replacement scenario - they're selling services today that we're not staffed to deliver. When I came back in July I was hoping to see some sort of planful and orderly transition; what I have seen is chaos and bureaucracy, worse than I have seen since this company started in 1993. Two of us old dogs have a pretty clear idea of what we would need to put in place; I don't believe it'll happen in the next three months and I'm unwilling to continue into the spring and summer continuing to watch madness unfold.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Congratulations on your retirement, Peters! Have you started scoping out retirement communities in Florida or Arizona, and how are the shuffleboard and bocce skills coming along?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
You might need to buy a new bike perfect for cruising around the retirement community in Florida.

Maybe it comes in Root Beer color?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's about time you jumped from that ship. Congratulations on the retirement. Now, get out there and keep making me jealous (be sure to post pictures).

Congrats! Do retirees get discounts in VT ski and bike parks?
The best skiing and biking in VT doesn't require a pass or a park/resort. You just have to know where to look.