Quantcast

Justice!!!

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) A man who claimed insanity in his murder trial for running over a bicyclist and driving another 13 miles before dumping the victim on the side of a highway was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison.

Isidro Hernandez, 32, was convicted in January of first-degree murder for deliberately striking John Lee La Bord.

La Bord crashed through the windshield and landed on the car's floorboard, still alive. Hernandez drove 13 miles before dumping La Bord on the side of the road. His body was found on State Route 133.

``He got 25 years to life, and that's effectively a life sentence for him,'' said Deputy District Attorney Howard Gundy, noting that Hernandez will undergo psychiatric evaluations while in prison. ``So I think that ... he got what he deserved.''

Hernandez's attorney had argued that he is schizophrenic and was not taking his medication when he struck La Bord. But Superior Court Judge Frank Fasel said the defense did not prove Hernandez couldn't understand what was happening at the time of the killing.

Hernandez had struck another bicyclist three months before killing La Bord, and the jury forewoman said she believed he hit La Bord because he thought he would collect insurance money for the damage to his car.

He also was convicted of insurance fraud, kidnapping and hit-and-run charges, but Fasel stayed the kidnapping and hit-and-run sentences, and ordered the five-year fraud sentence be served concurrently with the murder sentence.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
i say he should be sentenced to death, by a severe beating by burly dude with a handlebar, to see how he like it

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just to add, I think the death penalty should really be given to this nutbag. I mean it.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by chicodude01
i say he should be sentenced to death, by a severe beating by burly dude with a handlebar, to see how he like it
They say the punishment should fit the crime, Imagine if they made the punishment enduring what the crime is. So he had to ride a bike while a car ran him over! I wonder if people just think they won't get caught?

This guy thought that by hitting a cyclist he would get insurance money for damage to his car :rolleyes: WTF is wrong with people!