Quantcast

Kali Protevies Serpa 2 Rider Review

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i just got my 2010 661 vapor suit, but looking at the Serpa...i wish I hadnt'. that suit looks like exactly what I need..
I'm quite impressed with this suit... it's amazing! it was between the POC and the Kali... the Kali is the least expensive..

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It's a pity, You didn't check it's compability with Leatt Brace...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
It's a pity, You didn't check it's compability with Leatt Brace...
Did you read my review?

Universal Selling Points
• Conforms to EC safety standard EN 1621-2 (Level 2 Protection)
• Resilient polycarbonate protective plates
• Protective Plates feature Thermoplastic Urethane and NITREX™ foam for shock absorption
• Removable Carbon Fiber shoulder pads
• Neck Brace Compatibility by design (removable placement pad)
• Removable chest padding for separate ASTRA™ LEVEL 2 Back Protector function (straps included)
• Easy Entry/Exit with quick release design
• Zip sides for easy adjustment and breathability
• Washable, adjustable, anti-microbial materials

Edit: i will take some photos with a Leatte brace attached.

Last edited:

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
That thing looks sweet, very interested in picking up one but cant find a sizing chart any where. What size kali are you using compared to what size 661 suits you have used in the past? ---thanks

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Did you read my review?

Universal Selling Points
• Conforms to EC safety standard EN 1621-2 (Level 2 Protection)
• Resilient polycarbonate protective plates
• Protective Plates feature Thermoplastic Urethane and NITREX™ foam for shock absorption
• Removable Carbon Fiber shoulder pads
• Neck Brace Compatibility by design (removable placement pad)
• Removable chest padding for separate ASTRA™ LEVEL 2 Back Protector function (straps included)
• Easy Entry/Exit with quick release design
• Zip sides for easy adjustment and breathability
• Washable, adjustable, anti-microbial materials

Edit: i will take some photos with a Leatte brace attached.
I did, but I didn't find any pics. There are few other products on the market told to compatible with LB, but the reality is different.
Waiting for pics, though. Thx.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
That thing looks sweet, very interested in picking up one but cant find a sizing chart any where. What size kali are you using compared to what size 661 suits you have used in the past? ---thanks

Birdman. I've been doing alot of running, eating right and working out lately.. Last year i was a Medium @ a 661, this yeah i'm a SMALL.... so i doubt it would be much help... :-)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Sorry have not had time to upload the Leate Brace photos, bit i can confirm that this armor supports neck braces. it even comes with extra bands to hold down the Brace...

Part of the spine protector (a small part) can be removed for the installation of the brace.

phobiadrive

Chimp
Jun 15, 2009
The real question is have you crashed with it yet? After a crash, let me know how it performs since some pads twist different directions. Yes I'm curious how would a Leatt fit on that armor, pretty sure it will have no problems with it.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
The real question is have you crashed with it yet? After a crash, let me know how it performs since some pads twist different directions. Yes I'm curious how would a Leatt fit on that armor, pretty sure it will have no problems with it.
With the way i ride... lol

i will have a "complete" review very soon! but i prefer not to attempt to crash... but from riding and pedaling and jumping and dropping i can say that this body armor did not shift one bit... even with the Lycra Underarmour undershirt i had on....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dang, that's a bit much for new armor. I have a dainese which is generally great but I do NOT like the way it fits...I think it's a bit too small for me...would be nice to get some non-bulky armor that ventillates well...cost of entry outweighs the positives for the moment....and I'm sick of they shmancy foam that people are using.

their knee/shin guards look amazing though. Do want.