Quantcast

Katipo DH

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Sick bike bro.

If the cat who is making those wants to sell, he should post his details....I'm getting my sunday re-built but would love to buy a locally made bike. That ride rocks.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Finnaly got it set up good enough for a good thrashin today, and it was great, I can't believe how well the rear sucked up the rocks with an air shock. It did feel docile, but in a predictable nice way, I won't be going back to coil for a bit or ever. I only did some small adjustments because I was just so happy to be out there DHing, but I'm going out again tomorrow so I'll tweak it some more then. I also did a simple mod on my Kowa 200SX forks that made them a whole lot more tuneable. Living it:biggrin:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Any Updates and where did you get Ti spokes?
Had a bad crash, got a bit out of shape railing a burmed corner, cut it tight, hit a tree with my hand(on bars) so hard it blew my tubless tyre bead, and I landed on a rock right above my but where my armour stops. Well that's what I think happened, the tyre may have blown off first, but i heard the noise after I felt my hand hit the tree. No sure how fast noise travels.Anyway having a couple of days off(and working).
They're old DT Ti spokes, they've not done them for a few years but I think Malowui(sp?) still do them. Ask XY9INE on here.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
yeah, marwi seems to be the only (somewhat readily available) ti spoke out right now. they are pricey, and some of the trick steel spokes (sapim cx-ray, dt aerospeed) are almost as light (though expensive as well). purdy though: