Quantcast

Kc

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
There's quite a bit of trail in the KC area. Landahl park is stellar. Blue River Parkway on the south side is pretty good too. If you are willing to drive an hour or so...locations such as Perry and Clinton SP in Kansas (south of Lawrence), Smithville Lake north of KC, and Shawnee Mission Park in KS are good places to ride as well. Check out www.earthriders.com for more info about KC area trails.

I live about an hour east of KC and our local group is building new trail this winter at Knob Noster State Park. We should have 7 miles done at first and look to add another 5-7 later.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
in central Mo. you can ride most of the year. fall, right now, tends to be a bit wet as does spring. late december through feb tend to be pretty cold, but the ground is usually frozen.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I live about 8 miles from Landahl. It's a nice trail system. What type of riding are you into? Mostly XC? If so you will love Kc.

You can ride all year here. In the summer time the trails dry in a day or 2 after a rain, but in the winter time it takes a while. Landahl has anything from beginner to expert level trails all over. Rocky, Flowy, Lots of climbs and an equal amount of descents. Not much elevation here, but it's fine for XC stuff.

Are you thinking of making a move to Kc, or just going on a short trip?

Chris....

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I am mostly in to XC, and am looking in to possibly moving to Kansas City, Mo by next year around May.
If you need to know where anything is when you come just let me know. It's ok here, and one of the cheapest places in the USA to live. Lots of trail systems within a 25 mile radius of Kc too. Brp, Landahl, Shawnee Mission Park, About 40 minutes away is Lawrence river trail, Clinton lake and Perry lake trails, Smithville lake etc.... You get the point.:cheers: