Quantcast

KCNC very light stem for DH?

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
first of all that thing is hideous and it looks super weak in the claming area i wouldnt use that stem for anything

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
atomlab is making a new pimplite stem soon that weighs only 10 grams more and it looks about 300 times better, and it wont paralyze you because it won't snap in half. It will cost a bit more but safety is worth a little extra coin

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Most AM stems are fine for DH. Who do you know who has snapped a stem? With a 50mm length, there's not going to be much leverage. I've been running a 50mm Sunline V-1 MTN stem on my DJ bike and it's fine.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Most AM stems are fine for DH. Who do you know who has snapped a stem? With a 50mm length, there's not going to be much leverage. I've been running a 50mm Sunline V-1 MTN stem on my DJ bike and it's fine.
I don't know anyone who has snapped a stem, and I agree that there's not much leverage with a short one, but do you want to take the chance?

I would rather have the extra 25g on my bike running a thomson x4 or something beefier and know for sure that my stem won't fail.

Skippy

Chimp
Nov 29, 2002
Tappan, NY
I have not used this stem, but I know that KCNC makes some great stuff and does a lot of testing on their product. I would trust that stem for sure.

Syntace, Jo (the owner of Syntace) is a genius!