Quantcast

}}}}**keep slappin' me Tuesday GMT**{{{{

I just discovered that my application for Social Security benefits, which I thought I had submitted early this month, remains incomplete - I want benefits to start in September, after I turn 70, it dully insists on June. I guess I need to start a phone conversation with the bureaucrats.

In other news, it is not raining.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just discovered that my application for Social Security benefits, which I thought I had submitted early this month, remains incomplete - I want benefits to start in September, after I turn 70, it dully insists on June. I guess I need to start a phone conversation with the bureaucrats.

In other news, it is not raining.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fast paced morning ride with a big group. I did my best to slim down the group as it was way too big to begin with for the park to handle. Gotta push to get faster too. There are a lot of riders who don't take leads and just hang on which I think is way too boring then rather burn out faster.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. "Moderate" pollen count, my ass. Nose and eyes are all manner of itchy this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
G'mornin.

How am I supposed to make awesome pivot tables and Pareto charts with Excel 2007. I need Excel 2010. Oh the struggles of a desk jockey.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

One week into my unplanned vacation and I am starting to like it. But I have a phone interview today and am meeting yet another recruiter for coffee today. The weather is hot and nasty, I was told the GT-R was still available, but they also got a '14 Z51 Stingray someone strapped a supercharger to (couldn't wait for the Z06, I guess) that might also be available. Not that I am keen in a boosted ride, but it would be fun to test drive, :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lost your job @jimmydean?

I would never buy a car where some dude has just strapped on a supercharger much rather have the stock car.
That's what I said until the dealership said they add 100k mile warranty on ALL used cars. This one has 3,312 miles on it :)

I wasn't real happy with my last gig and when I tried to make changes it seems all I made were waves. Lucky Portland is still a wicked hot market, so it is just a matter of picking a better fit next time. Funny how I had interviewed at that company twice in 2 years and really wanted to work there based on what I knew about them. But as soon as I was hired, I was put on the project nobody wanted and everyone I worked with was in Brisbane, so I didn't talk to anyone in the office for about a year. Then I joined to social committee for the free drinks, but it wasn't enough to make me happy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That's what I said until the dealership said they add 100k mile warranty on ALL used cars. This one has 3,312 miles on it :)
This is always funny to me. That car has barely been broken in before the power was increased, what, 15-20%? Crazies!

At least get a baseline of what the car can do before doing that haha. Never the less, I'm sure that thing would be a hoot (as long as it isn't raining).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Howdy all. "Moderate" pollen count, my ass. Nose and eyes are all manner of itchy this morning.
i predict after 2-3 years of living in colorado your allergy troubles will be over..

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Balls, it's hot. 10K morning run turned into 5k, just too damn warm out. Post run breakfast was awesome though, left over spanish rice, cilantro from the garden, and cheese dumped into some scrambled eggs. :drool: Imma take a nap now I think.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
when someone took away all the good parts of seattle and added frigid 6 month winters
:D
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. This is the California. It's sunny and 80-90 every day lately, and it was 60-70 in the "winter." So yes, one of the good parts (snow) took off... I hope it comes back next year, though I am immensely enjoying my tan! It was also quite nice on my short ride last night, just a warm breeze blowin' by!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I am also righteously hung the fuck over. I should never drink a bottle of wine followed with strong ass drinks from the local bar... though I was kicking ass at shuffle board...
I think.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning Monkeys.

One week into my unplanned vacation and I am starting to like it. But I have a phone interview today and am meeting yet another recruiter for coffee today.
Good luck, I am finishing my second week of job hunting after my previous company had collapsed rapidly. Interviewing for jobs is kinda more fun than doing the jobs. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river