Quantcast

Kenda 2.5 and 03 Super T?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Yes, another tire question. I need to know what fits... again.... My wife needs new tires on her bike. Will a Kenda 2.5 Blue Groove fit on a 03 Super T and a single trac rim? Anyone running this tire on a 03 Super T?

su_root

Chimp
Feb 23, 2005
Denver CO
i put some similar specialized tires on my old Junior T, they barily fit, and like to rub the paint of one side of the arch. So yes they'll fit, but, they'll most likely rub.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I have a 2004 Super T with a BlueGroove 2.5 on an old Mavic d321 rim, and it works great. It's actually the best front end set up I've ever had. However, my tire is not the downhill casing, it has a kevlar bead, and it flats a lot. So I run 45-50psi, and it still hooks up well, and doesn't flat as much.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Hey now. How is needing to know what fits in a fork dumb? She runs a Maxxis 2.5 now and she wants a Stick E tire and the ST Maxxis tear knobs. She wants to run Kendas and she runs a 24" rear tire. Kenda only makes a 24x2.5 so she would have to run a 26x2.5 front to match. So I kind of need to know if a 2.5 will fit a 2003 Super T. She doesnt want to run a 2.3x26 front and 2.5x24 rear. Make sense?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
remind me not to get on your bad side....it was tough getting my last title changed but I can't say I like my current title any more or less than the previous one....D

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Is the 03 Super T pretty much the same as an 04 Super T? Because I have Singletracks and have run a 2.5 Nevegal on my Super T. It still had some room.
Also, my friend fit a 2.6 Gazza and a 2.7 Maxxis in his 03 Super T, both of which are about the same size as a 2.5 Kenda.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
No need for measurements. Why dont you like the Bluegoove? Is there any room for mud clearance? Pic of clearance?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I run a Bluegroove on my 03 Z.1 and if I remember correctly the lowers on the Z.1, SuperT, and JuniorT are the same. The 04 lowers were resculpted to allow more tire clearance so there is definitely a difference between what fits on a 03 and a 04.
The clearance is tight but it does fit. You have to keep the front wheel dished perfectly so it doesn't rub. I think I have somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 inch of clearance on each side. If you want a pic of the clearance just ask.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If you wouldnt mind posting a pic, I would appreciate it. We ride in mud once in awhile so there might not be enough clearance.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Kanter said:
This place is turning into pinkbike.
Yes it will work. I have it not only on a single crown, but have had one on my 03 Super T pro before. I am quickly becoming the Kenda whore. Every time I try a different tire from Kenda I like it better than the one before. And that's saying something.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive run the Kenda for about 2 weeks now and I already have a nice slice in the tire between the knobs. I have never had this happen before with my Maxxis. Are the Kendas a little more prone to tears, cuts, and rips over Maxxis? The slice hasn't gotten any worse but I am keeping an eye on it.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Lots and lots and lots and lots of shale..... but my Maxxis would take a full year of the same abuse. Did I meantion lots of shale?;) It might have just been a freak of nature. Ill keep runnin them.