Quantcast

Kenda Cup/Yankee Clipper Results

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
results, what results? you need racers to have results... aside from the pro class it was a pretty poor showing there.... too bad, much better course and much better run then the first race.

Jun 28, 2009
I agree, I think that course was definitely world cup worthy. Needs a little bit more but overall, sick course. Too bad more people weren't there, maybe the XC roadies scared them away

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I think the past race experience scared a lot of folks away. That, combined with an overload of races this season, summer vacations, Crankworx, and some good weather across the Northeast that maybe made people opt to spend some time with their family or friends at the beach or what-not. The WC track was certainly a step in the right direction for next year. The mountain had a TON of staff on hand that helped smooth out operations, and aside from the $10/day parking there wasn't much really to bag on.

ps - Tip for next year, if they offer camping again just down the road take it. The price was right and the location is convenient!

-ska todd

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
To think I still have 4-5 more races within a few hours drive this time of year is unbelievable. I got my bike built up last week and any other year, I'd be hanging it up and hitting the XC trails right now. I can't imagine all the East Coast races have hit optimal numbers with Diablo having a series, plus the open, Snowshoe having 4 races, here we have Beech with 3, Hawksnest with one, the Paris Mtn race in October...and the list goes on.

You guys in the north must look at your calenders and scratch your heads. "What massive mountain with high speed lifts and dozens of trails should I ride today?"

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Great race, great course. Thanks Windham for putting on a great event. Wish the turnout was better, what a fun course. Anyone want to teach me how to jump??? Am I too old to learn:p

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
I was super stoked on the race. The course was amazing, and with a few tweaks it will be ready for the WC next year. Its just too bad there weren't more people there. Overall I think windham did a great job.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I was super stoked on the race. The course was amazing, and with a few tweaks it will be ready for the WC next year. Its just too bad there weren't more people there. Overall I think windham did a great job.

agreed... they did an excellent job and the course was great for this level of a race.

a few tweaks to the last 3rd of the track to keeps speeds high and improve the flow and the track should be good for the world cup.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
After the first race i was a little skeptical that they could host a world cup. after this race i think they have it under-control. the course was great! could use A "Big rock garden" but they are off to a good start

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
After the first race i was a little skeptical that they could host a world cup. after this race i think they have it under-control. the course was great! could use A "Big rock garden" but they are off to a good start
They could use a rock garden but remember that this course needs to be tame enough to host before the Worlds in MSA. No team or WC rider wants a super tech course that poses the risk of serious injury one weekend before the world championships.

I agree with Dave though, fix up the bottom third to keep speed and make the last jumps 3 in succession and BIG, nationals big. That is the place to have those jumps, in full view of all of the XC guys and fans that can't/don't want to walk the course.

Great course and great event put on by Windham. More whistles for the marshalls though, buy the fox 40 classic whistle and ear plugs. http://www.fox40world.com/

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Ryan did you get any good pics over the weekend? I ate it hard in my race run next to the first drop and entrance to the first steep chute. Kinda hoping someone would have a pic of that.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
any of 167 from saturday practice? thanks.

instead of this turning into a photo request thread.... give ryan a few days to upload all his photos to a gallery

I saw him all over the track, and since there were so few racers i am sure he has some good shots of just about everyone.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
any of 167 from saturday practice? thanks.
Uploading photos now and getting my submissions into mags and sites. I will compile a list of numbers that I have in a few days.

The rest of the pics that aren't being submitted will be on my flickr page in a day or two.