Quantcast

Kenda Dark Mtn NC State Super D Series

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Well we've finally got the info together for the series. Please see the link below for details:

http://www.bmcc.us/

There's also a link to the race flyer that can be download at the link above. Please note that sponsoring bike shops have not been added yet but we should have the flyer updated & posted next week to includes all the shops. The prize structure will be as follows for each class with the exception of Pee Wee which will receive gift certificates:

1st - 2 Kenda tires
2nd - 1 Kenda tire
3rd - $25 gift certificate (to a sponsoring bike shop)

Entry fee is $20 which includes a sub sandwich and is available only the day of the race. The Pee Wee class races for free and will only race about half of the course.

The top three finishers in the series will receive metals and if we have enough gift certificates left over from the actual race prizes then we'll issue thoughs as well. Additionally this is a NORBA series with the series champions being recognized as North Carolina State Champions.

This series should be a lot of fun so we hope you can join us. Thanks and see ya on the trail!:biggrin:
Matt

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
sweet! noah and i can't wait!

will the pee-wee be mostly the downhill section?
Yeap, there will be a couple of extremely small small hills that are real short but nothing you probably won't roll up with enough speed. If you get up this way before the first race let me know & I'll show you where we plan to start them and if think there is a better place then we can look at it as well. Later

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
bump...

The new updated race flier is now available at www.bmcc.us. The first race is coming up quick...March 4th. We are still making slient improvements each weekend. We put in a rock jump (of course it does has a way around) and converted the a-frame jump to a table this past weekend. We'll probably work on the starting table this weekend and scope out a couple more areas where we can through some fun, small stuff in. Also the gravity cavity is starting to get packed in pretty good so by the race you'll be able to really rail through it.:biggrin:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ha, Windrock road gap = Check
Big Snowshoe road gap = Check
'lil A-frame jump = priceless azzslide.

Hey, I once crashed out at Wolfe 10 yards from the start gate.:twitch:

oh now.
the list has more to be added.

flats every session.
broken frames behind the main pivot.
square rims.
always a scab or two somewhere.

get the picture ?:):)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
so matt, is the bottom of the superD course pretty much the same as the DH. i've heard that we don't hit the rock garden...but does everything south of that still rail?
Yeah we hit everything except the rock garden...which now includes a small gravity cavity. I'm hoping to have a trail/course map up tomorrow.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Do we have to compete in all three races? Unfortunately, i will be in Costa Rica Surfing on the 18th, which is also my 21st Birthday!:cheers:
Each is race is individual with prizes awarded at each. If you are running for the series championship then you'd probably want to hit all three races...would depend on how many racers are in your class and how they finish.

Congrats...I'm sure you can't wait to have your FIRST beer!;)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
***CLASS REGISTRATION RULES***

Since Super D is a hybrid of DH & XC I wasn't sure how individuals would register. Here's the scope from NORBA:

You have the option, you can either race your DH or XC classification...totally up to you. For example, my classification is expert DH & sport XC. Therefore I could register for either expert or sport in the Super D.

If this doesn't make sense or is confusing let me know. Later

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
I may have missed it but are you doing one run or two?

Also, how about a reduced entry fee to run two classes - say expert and big bike? (Instead of 2x $20 entries)

Sorry but I will miss the first one unless it rains and the race is postponed. We have an obligation I really can not get out of. ...:(