Quantcast

Kenosha Pass - 07/16/06

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
It was going to be a hot one in Denver on Sunday, but I didn't care. For my birthday I got a day pass from the wife, so me and a few buddies headed into the mountains for some higher elevation riding. We decided to ride Kenosha Pass to Georgia Pass and back. Starting altitude: 10,000 ft. Ending altitude: 11,800 ft. Its not a straight shot up to G.P. so the round-trip elevation gain/loss is around 5,000 ft. One of the guys was from Tulsa, but we didn't have to worry about him. He's a freakin monster and I was glad for the elevation, which caused him to suck wind a bit. Allowed the rest of us to keep up. I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are a few.

Here's Charlie and Jeff (Tulsa monster) looking at some so-so scenery

Here's me, cranking away

Here's Jon at the top, chillin out, maxin, relaxin all cool

That's about it for photos. You can see a few more of the same trail from a previous ride here: http://www.pixelninja.net/pics/kenosha-pass/

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Sweet! Did you guys ride up Jefferson Creek or just do the out & back?
We did it as an out & back. The last time we rode it, we rode up CO Trail, then back down Jefferson Creek. Do you usually ride up JC? I remember it being fairly steep and technical at the top, with a number of tight switchbacks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
We did it as an out & back. The last time we rode it, we rode up CO Trail, then back down Jefferson Creek. Do you usually ride up JC? I remember it being fairly steep and technical at the top, with a number of tight switchbacks.
Yeah - we almost always ride up JC. It's a good ascent because you won't run across anybody coming down it (usually), it's cooler, and it's never as loose & dusty as the CT. I *do* like the descent on the CT, though. It's soooo fast and fun. :thumb: