Quantcast

Keys locked in car... FACK!

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Keys/Remote on passenger seat. Doors locked. That was the only key. Rental. 06? Chrysler Pacifica. What do I do?:help:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
as long as someone else has a copy of the remote you will be fine. over the phone get the other guy to point the remote at the phone and use, it would transmit and just point your phone at the car. problem sloved.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
dhkid said:
as long as someone else has a copy of the remote you will be fine. over the phone get the other guy to point the remote at the phone and use, it would transmit and just point your phone at the car. problem sloved.

Please tell me you're joking. If you're not, your new SN shall be Dick Tracey.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
when I was a cop in the AF

my supervisor came out for post checks

he left his car running when he checked my post

when he got back to the car, he realized he locked the keys in it

A locked, running, police car is funny.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
dhkid said:
nope, not joking at all. but i dont get the second part at all.
So you are saying I can just point the remote 1000 miles away into a phone, and the car would open? The windows are not frameless. We are going to pick up another key from the Enterprise place. (where we rented it from).

J

JRB

Dirtbike said:
So you are saying I can just point the remote 1000 miles away into a phone, and the car would open? The windows are not frameless. We are going to pick up another key from the Enterprise place. (where we rented it from).
It will only work if you are an Afghan and your phone was made from a string and a can.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dhkid said:

I've heard that, but don't necissarily believe it. Have you ever tried it? does it work?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
blt2ride said:
Really hard...I tried with a metal coat hanger once, and could not get the door unlocked. AAA is the way to go...
I used to be able to open 80's Buicks with a ruler, but I have never tried my Honda. Be good to know....

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
About 15 years ago while attending college in L.A. I drove a tow truck and became AAA certified. as New cars become more difficult to unlock wit a slim jim they actually become easier in other ways. Just a month ago I unlocked a minivan using a wedge and a coat hanger.This my hurt the seal a bit in the door but for rentals and beaters who cares.
The whole principle works is that car companies use lighter grade steel and glass these days, Grab the top right hand corner of the drivers door, on most new vehicles you can pry that back 1/2"-1" with out much pressure or damage. place in your wedge (or anything to keep the gap open. take coat hanger (Needs to be straightened)
sometimes there is clearance around weather stripping sometimes you have to poke a small hole through it with hangar, once your past or through weather stripping guide coat hanger and tap on the unlock button, Now I realize this won't work on every vehicle but it does work on the majority....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
MunkeeHucker said:
The whole principle works is that car companies use lighter grade steel and glass these days, Grab the top right hand corner of the drivers door, on most new vehicles you can pry that back 1/2"-1" with out much pressure or damage. place in your wedge (or anything to keep the gap open. take coat hanger (Needs to be straightened)
sometimes there is clearance around weather stripping sometimes you have to poke a small hole through it with hangar, once your past or through weather stripping guide coat hanger and tap on the unlock button, Now I realize this won't work on every vehicle but it does work on the majority....
I've done that before. Locked my keys in my Subaru a while back. Took two screwdrivers and a thin metal pole. Just wedged the window out a bit with the screwdrivers and hit the unlock with the pole. It was actually a little scary how easy it was to break into my car...

J

JRB

We should call each other tonight and see if we can change each other's channels. :think:

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
dhkid said:
the only way that would work is if the remotes used sound frequency...and i'm pretty sure those use lasers or something of that nature...cause if you've ever used one of those measures u can hear the sound when it's working

J

JRB

I read the snopes thing. That would be funny as hell if you had someone call and it just made the horn start honking. Keys locked in the car and the horn honking until the battery died. Sweet.

That would make you a dumbass.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I worked in a grocery store and had to unlock doors all the time. i can get into a coworkers mustang in 18 seconds.
the 'lock' is a very complex mechanism but the mechanism that connects the 'lock' to the uppie downie/sliddie thing isnt.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
sanjuro said:
I used to be able to open 80's Buicks with a ruler, but I have never tried my Honda. Be good to know....
Our Oakley rep once locked himself out of his car at our shop, and AAA sent two shady guys in an old cadillac to open his car. They were in the honda accord in less than 30 seconds using the pry-the-corner-of-the-door-and-hit-the-unlock-button-with-a-pole technique.