Quantcast

Keystone Freeride Frenzy

Matt Sutton

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Silverthorne, CO
Come check out our newest bike event, THE FREERIDE FRENZY! Saturday commences with 4/Cross practice, followed by a Jump Jam[a bridge section leading into a box jump and grind box] in River Run with live music. 4/ Cross will begin on Sunday at 10am ending in the early afternoon. Tacos and awards will follow the race at Parrot Eyes in River Run. The mountain will open for DH, Friday, June 18 at 10am. Check out the new bridge on Motorhead, a long bridge section leading into a steep roll out or a five foot drop. June 18, open June 19, Jump Jam, June 20, 4/Cross.

Slick50

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
Brunswick, ME
Matt,
You seem to be in the know in regards to Keystone. I was wondering do you know if they will be adding any desperately needed trails to the mountain this season?

Hydride

Chimp
Jul 17, 2003
Colorado
I found this on skiingmag.com,

Registration will open Saturday, June 19 at 8 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. The Freeride Frenzy gets started Saturday at 2 p.m. with the Jump Jam & Street Party in River Run, which will coincide with 4/Cross practice at the Mt. House base area. On Sunday, June 20 the 4/Cross race will begin at 10 a.m. at the Mt. House base area followed at 4:30 p.m. by an apres party with tacos, beer awards and raffle on the Parrot Eyes Deck in River Run.

Registration is $30 ($20 for junior racers, 18 and younger) and includes tacos, raffle, prizes for top finishers and bike socks for the first 150 registered. Race categories include Male/Female, Pro, Semi-pro, Expert, Sport, Beginner and Junior (15-18 or 14 and younger). Registration applications are available at Mountain Sports outlet, River Run’s Mountain Bike Headquarters or by calling (970) 496-4459. Free parking will be available in the River Run Montezuma lot and Mt. House parking lots.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
I wish that I could race. I am going to be there but the doctor says I cant race because I tore the tendon out of my leg in Angle Fire when my bottom bracket broke.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I went on saturday for some much needed practice, but there were only like 3 or 4 other bikers there. Hell, there were more mountainboarders on the course than bikers. I didn't end up racing yesterday, but what happened to that 180 degree bermless turn? Did they fix it up at all?

dowend

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
I was there on Saturday. The course was pretty poor.

The DH riding was great though :thumb: !

Oh ya, a season pass is $225. If you plan on going up more then 8 days it's worth getting.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
thought i was right, but maybe it's just me. i had heard there was an MSC 4-cross race at Keystone on labor day. Handlebar and Grill doesn't have it listed in the series that weekend. someone help me out here.

anarchyUK

Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Boulder CO
big boy said:
Keystone looked OK. There were too many bermless turns and not enough big jumps. If there is a MSC race there Ill be happy
???????????????????????????
all the jumps are too big only one can be jumped