Quantcast

khe tires in 24" ?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i check this site out for new products. i translated it but its still tough to understand :twitch: hope these are released.

http://gewichtsfetischisten.de/

Whereupon we have already longer gewartet… Folding tire, 24″, under 500g and also with Streetorientiertem profile comes raus if one BMX companies tires for the Mountainbike to build leaves. No different one than KHE gives to us before the celebration the information it the Mac2 also for the larger wheels will shortly give. The prototype weighs 477g and makes now already the impression that the Tabletop finally times an alternative product receives, above all it also more for the Streetgebrauch is meant.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Some of you weren't too hyped on the KHEs for 20s, but now you're all about 'em for the 24s?
true. i killed a khe park tire i had on the rear of my bmx riding street. i'm not sure if i'll use these or not, i just think its frickin cool to have them as a choice. slick, street tire selections kinda blow for 24's. this is a big step up. if the construction is like a khe street tire, i'll consider getting one.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
As a front, w/ suspension, I think the park would probably do fine... after all, has anyone use a kenda smallblock 8? Now, those are thin, but still being rocked regularly as a dj tire (not so hot for street).
but then again, I've never ridden one of the bmx "park" versions anyway so I should probably keep my mouth shut.

and I completely agree with stoked, more options hitting shelves is always a good thing, whether I plan on picking one up or not... don't really feel the need to change my tire combo at the moment just because of a new tire coming out... just glad to see it happening. I'll always welcome bmx company's expansion to the duece-quad happenings. ;)

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I just picked up a 2.1 park for the rear on my stricker today. been running a 1.9 street back there. Pretty stoked about it, just hope it clears decent...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well, my tires showed up in denver on tuesday, mom shipped them out 2 day air to me today so i will have pics soon.

attached is part of an email from the owner of the company:

Perfect Dexter thanks fort he info.

Let me know so soon you try the tire the first time out.

Yes I think too that it will be perfect if we can make also a MAC2 Dirt in 24” + a MAC2 Park 26” & MAC2 Dirt in 26”.

This way we can cover all important tires for MTB Street /Dirt/ Park riders. (see Dirt design attached but yes just in 20”)

I will work on this later but first we will try to sell this 24” MAC2 version and follow with the others later.

Thanks Thomas

SICK!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Now hold on, expensive for intended market? The 20" and 24" market has been pretty much based on heavy wire beaded tires. Now some technology that has been seen in road and mtb tires is finally trickling down and it will cost a bit more the the usual $15-20. I used to drop $100 easy on a set of tires for my other bikes (well, no I didn't, but if I was paying retail I would have). I guess this just seems about right.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah i think this will be the 'cool' tire to have...regardless $50 per is pretty high...

Guys on this board with super gucci bikes will buy this...Definately cool but just high that is all im saying

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah i think this will be the 'cool' tire to have...regardless $50 per is pretty high...

Guys on this board with super gucci bikes will buy this...Definately cool but just high that is all im saying

you're thinking about it too hard. Is this spring fashion prediction time or what?

it's only going to be available in 24" at first apparantly... so why dis a new option here that blows the other street tires away in the weight category? A company comes out with a progressive new tire and you just label it as being "too cool", I don't get it.
FS100's are hard to get for North Americans, Kiniptions are heavy, and so are spec. rhythms... What other dedicated street options are out there for the 24?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
EXACTLY. to get an fs100 your looking at over 50 including shipping to the states, kiniptions and everything else smooth weights a million lbs, and table tops are bitch to get. i cannot wait till tuesday when my tires get here. going to rip them apart on our park and report back to you guys