Quantcast

KHS sunday DH bike

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
srsly...although it now looks like the awesome pivot psycles phirebird dh.

dw would be the first to say that miniscule changes in the design can change the tacticality of the antisquats, so theoretically, unless a design was a 100% knockoff of a DW link bike, wouldn't it bypass patents? the f.uck?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
correct it doesnt but from what i remember a certain KHS rider told me this, but hey what does he know he just rides the bike...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I saw some KHS riders riding the same dingleberry eating frame from years back in some of the photos at platty. is the mellow yellow just a showpiece?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I saw some KHS riders riding the same dingleberry eating frame from years back in some of the photos at platty. is the mellow yellow just a showpiece?
Someone posted pics at the Open of that kid Logan riding that yellow frame, built up with the Dorado. So they are racing on it.

sniped by IH8Rice

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Astro makes the khs frames, it also makes mondraker, so I don't see why they shouldnt be different. Kinda funny they would be fighting over patents any ways, viewing there current relationship

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Ok, why is this not cool?

Looks good to me. Can someone (head not in a$$ preferably) explain why the Summum is cool and this thing isn't?

I'm sorry, are my jeans suddenly not tight enough for this forum?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Astro makes the khs frames, it also makes mondraker, so I don't see why they shouldnt be different. Kinda funny they would be fighting over patents any ways, viewing there current relationship

to start, Mondraker DESIGNED the Summum, not Astro

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Ok, why is this not cool?

Looks good to me. Can someone (head not in a$$ preferably) explain why the Summum is cool and this thing isn't?

I'm sorry, are my jeans suddenly not tight enough for this forum?
+1

Looks good. Would love to see how much it goes for.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
to start, Mondraker DESIGNED the Summum, not Astro
I didnt say astro designed it, where did you get that? Cesar Rojo is the designer for the Zero suspension system (I think thats what its called). Whay Im just saying is that Astro manufactures frames for mondraker and khs alike

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I didnt say astro designed it, where did you get that? Cesar Rojo is the designer for the Zero suspension system (I think thats what its called). Whay Im just saying is that Astro manufactures frames for mondraker and khs alike
so because Mondraker pays Astro to weld together that Mondraker designed, that means Astro should be able to make the same/similar bike and sell it as their own or as catalog bike to others?

just questioning the logic behind your argument... maybe I am misunderstanding you ?

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
so because Mondraker pays Astro to weld together that Mondraker designed, that means Astro should be able to make the same/similar bike and sell it as their own or as catalog bike to others?

just questioning the logic behind your argument... maybe I am misunderstanding you ?
yeah, I think your trying to read between my lines. Im just SAYING ITS INTERESTING... they shouldnt allow Astro to use their design and also have them call the suspension system Zero or what ever... but who knows, right now this is all speculation. Its just weird that KHS, from what I've read here, can't sell their "new" dh bike because of patent infringement... what about astro? Does astro have some sort of legal right to do it? why are they then selling it to khs? There are a bunch off un asnwered questions to be had... not trying to give or show an argument, just pointing out some interesting observations.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

I'm ashamed of you for even responding to this thread. Really...has it come to this???:brow: