Quantcast

Kid's Size Norco Full Suspension rig

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I remember seeing a web piece on this kids sized Norco full suspension bike......does anyone have a link to it? Was it a NSMB article? Pinkbike?

It would be great to get the link. Thanks!

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Aren't we turning into quite the DHer:devil: :D
Yep! But this is actually a favor I thought I'd do for a Dher down in Georgia who has a son getting into the sport and looking for a small sized FS dh rig.

Got the link?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Kona makes a Stinky Jr. that would work nice for a mini DH rig. That is the only 24" wheels Dh-ish bike I know of other than the custom ones someone posted a while back (that cost a TON).

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I remember seeing a kid on a mini-chumba at big bear in 2002, it's not going to be as affordable as a norco thats for sure but it may be small enough.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you're not set on the norco, specialized makes a 24" wheel kid's bike too. It's a smaller version of the single pivot big hit. That one might be a little easier to find. It doesn't look nearly as cool as the norco though............(but you probably knew that).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by allsk8sno
this is always good
i think for a kid...just get em a hardtail it will be cheaper in the long run and its good for the skillz!!
I forgot about the Stuff Jr. That thing is sweet! (and cheap too).

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Originally posted by allsk8sno
this is always good
i think for a kid...just get em a hardtail it will be cheaper in the long run and its good for the skillz!!
[/IMG]
I agree, but that mini 4x4 is freakin sweet!!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
See, another reason Norco is badazz!!!

I wish my parents bought me little DH bikes when I was a kid!

Hell, they dont even support me in the sport now! Both of my parents hate my sport. Oh well, I love it :)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Has anybody had experience with any of these (not you, your kid)? I like the Specialized price - $700. I don't suppose little tykes put much abuse into these rigs so they should hold up.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
When I was in Loegang last summer there was a bunch of kids ripping the bikerx course with the Stinky JR. That bike looked really nice!!!