Quantcast

Kim Eakin camp.... ;)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
BoomSplat said:
I do know the whole story, I spoke with the ymca C. Bibs!! Make sure all the kids you let down know the new time and date. But I guess thats not a big deal to you.

Yo, Jerk store. Obviously you don't know the whole story. Cory wanted this to go off as much as anyone and couldn't do it for insurance reasons. Now he is looking for another way to still make it happen.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bibs said:
I spoke with kim last night we are working on everything ...it will be a good part of the day, bring your own food/water etc. the cost will be low, both of us will be donating our time to help out hte community. I called it the Kim Eakin clinic for giggles...lol...there will be schwag, and tons of tips, Kim has helped me in the past and is a great person and great instructor(and he rips) The location , I am in the works of talking to and about 2 different areas. More to come on that..we are gonna make it where everyone can have fun and its not over your head. So we will keep you informed..... :thumb:

Cory
Hey Cory! If you or Kim need help with shuttles, or what not, just let us know. We still have the trailer and white truck :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
BoomSplat said:
I do know the whole story, I spoke with the ymca C. Bibs!! Make sure all the kids you let down know the new time and date. But I guess thats not a big deal to you.
Being let down is all a basic lesson in life..there gonna learn it some day...... besides, Im sure the "kids" have tougher skin than that....plus he is still making an effort to work through the red tape to make it happen. I would think he'd contact all those poor let down little guys......

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Bibs let me know what I can do to help, if this happens soon and I can't ride yet (stupid broken ankle :mumble: ) I am sure there are things I may be able to help with (maybe not :think: ). As it is I may be available to help with mechanical issues to keep peeps riding. Things happen. Oh and the whole image of you and/or Oly having one or the others back....... :nope: :nope: :nope: that's just not good............ :evil:

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Borneo said:
the "Madd Skillz" classes just whet the appetite.(Very well, I might add.) !
The Mad Skilz were just to get people going in the right way. It was fun to get riders pumped on the tech side of biking...

This class will have much more great info to soak in :thumb:

Like I said, count me in.
34, m, Steve

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Hey everyone, thanks for the input so far. It sounds like there is a definite interest in getting this thing together! Corey and I have come up with some ideas on how we want this thing to happen. Just a few things I would like to cover is:
1. bike set up (suspension, bike fit ect..)
2. jumping (we won't go to crazy on this one)
3. turns and berms
4. drops and ladder bridges (skinnies)
The other thing is I have never done a clinic. I have helped people out at the races and such, but never done a format. So if you are going to participate in the clinic be patient with me and the rest of the guys. We are going into this thing virgins.
The whole idea is we are doing this FOR FUN! We want to get everyone together for the sake of taking it up a notch. The price is going to be very minimal, and will cover expenses only. Corey and I are donating our time, as well as the few other helpers.
There will be some cool schwag handed out. All we ask is you patronize the clinics sponsors. :thumb:
Thanks again, and we will let you know whats up as soon as we find out.
Kim Eakin

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
holliswood said:
.......... Corey and I are donating our time, as well as the few other helpers.
There will be some cool schwag handed out. All we ask is you patronize the clinics sponsors. :thumb:
Thanks again, and we will let you know whats up as soon as we find out.
Kim Eakin
I get out of this ankle mold on the 23rd so either I get to ride or my time will be up to assist if needed. You guys can PM me.

So who are the sponsors shaping up to be so we can start to tell them thanks.
:thumb: Oh yea, Corey and Kim, you guys rock. :thumb:

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
First of all. If you are camping with Kim, bring earplugs. Seriously ;)

Second. Kim has been to the clinic enough times to know how they work. So don't be patient with him.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
brock said:
First of all. If you are camping with Kim, bring earplugs. Seriously ;)

Second. Kim has been to the clinic enough times to know how they work. So don't be patient with him.

When was the last time you went "camping"? And I am not talking roughing it in a condo at Whistler! :sneaky:
And yes I snore!
I have been to the clinic several times, but only because I forgot who I was! :confused: Not because I hit my jaw, broke it, had it wired shut, and now can only communicate through typing or writing a note! :evil:
Hey funny guy, guess where I am going to dinner? East west baby! Want me to bring you home some to throw in the blender? :eviltongu

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
trailhacker said:
Brock, did you break your jaw? What happened?

Yup.

I slammed on my skateboard. Direct hit to the chin from about 7' up or so at Milton.

Broke my jaw and a few teeth and got some stitches on my chin and lip. Hopefully I'll only be wired shut for a month. After that they will see if my bite can be corrected my re-shaping some of my teeth. If not they will re-break and put some plates in there to line stuff up.

I've been on a steady diet of Odwalla Superfood, tomato soup, and coffee for a week now. It's already getting old. I have to drink everything at pretty much room temp too since my broken teeth have exposed nerves.

:mumble:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
brock said:
Yup.

I slammed on my skateboard. Direct hit to the chin from about 7' up or so at Milton.

Broke my jaw and a few teeth and got some stitches on my chin and lip. Hopefully I'll only be wired shut for a month. After that they will see if my bite can be corrected my re-shaping some of my teeth. If not they will re-break and put some plates in there to line stuff up.

I've been on a steady diet of Odwalla Superfood, tomato soup, and coffee for a week now. It's already getting old. I have to drink everything at pretty much room temp too since my broken teeth have exposed nerves.

:mumble:
Ouch.......thanks Brock, that just made my ankle feel better. Get better soon.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
evilbob said:
Ouch.......thanks Brock, that just made my ankle feel better. Get better soon.
Thanks

Glad to be of service…….

Here is the real ironic icing on the cake. All my life I have gotten fillings and other minor dental work done without Novocain. I have always chosen to suffer through the short term pain in exchange for not having to deal with having a numb face for a couple of hours (which I consider true misery).

At my one-week follow up with the oral surgeon I asked him, “What’s up with my face? Why does it still feel like I just got shot up with Novocain? My whole right side is completely numb including ½ of my tongue and my ear canal”. He tells me “You have suffered severe but not permanent damage to the nerves that serve the right side of your face. It will take 6-9 months before you’ll have feeling again.”

6-9 MONTHS!!!! :mad:

The side of my lip I can feel is the side my teeth went through which has the stitches and crap.

Oh well. It could have been a lot worse. At least I can still ride and skate. I took a few runs at Whistler on Thursday and skated Milton for the first time since it happened today. The doc said I could do pretty much whatever I want as long as I don’t fall on my face and do anything that jars it too much.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
whoa, the nerve damage bit sounds nasty. :dead: i guess picking up a brass instrument (like trumpet, not brass knuckles) in the near future is out of the question :eek:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
brock said:
Thanks

Glad to be of service…….

Here is the real ironic icing on the cake. All my life I have gotten fillings and other minor dental work done without Novocain. I have always chosen to suffer through the short term pain in exchange for not having to deal with having a numb face for a couple of hours (which I consider true misery).

At my one-week follow up with the oral surgeon I asked him, “What’s up with my face? Why does it still feel like I just got shot up with Novocain? My whole right side is completely numb including ½ of my tongue and my ear canal”. He tells me “You have suffered severe but not permanent damage to the nerves that serve the right side of your face. It will take 6-9 months before you’ll have feeling again.”

6-9 MONTHS!!!! :mad:

The side of my lip I can feel is the side my teeth went through which has the stitches and crap.

Oh well. It could have been a lot worse. At least I can still ride and skate. I took a few runs at Whistler on Thursday and skated Milton for the first time since it happened today. The doc said I could do pretty much whatever I want as long as I don’t fall on my face and do anything that jars it too much.

WOW! Sorry to hear that Brock, but like you said at least you and still ride and skate some. Ick, coffee at room temp? Just think how much weight you'll lose!

Kevin crashed last year at Mt. Hood on his face, his teeth went though his lip, shattered his full face. He didn't have feeling in his lips and tonuge for about 3 months afterwards :mumble:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
You know what my only complaint is? I am getting pretty darn fed up with having to make all these trips to the E.R.with Brock! :sneaky: I mean it's not like I go there a bunch myself. He needs to think about how his injurys affect his buddies! :nuts: We don't have that kind of time to hang out in T.G.s waiting room! Although the crack whores, and drunk bums are pretty damn funny to watch! :thumb: Glad your doing better buddy! :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
So back to the camp. How does SST sound? I think there is everything there we need. Jumps, drops,berms, ect.... It is centrally located, and easy to find. We will let you know the date, time and place real soon, once it is in stone.
Thanks, :thumb:
Kim

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I think SST would be an awesome spot--like you said, it's got everything, plus it's all contained within a small area, and no shuttle is required.

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
dont know anyone here, but always fun to ride with new people

age 15
sex dude(im prob the first person not to make a joke here and im 15)

Charlie

Wigga said:
dont know anyone here, but always fun to ride with new people

age 15
sex dude(im prob the first person not to make a joke here and im 15)

Charlie
thanks Charlie, I think you were the first to not make a joke about that! you let us down...just kidding..Welcome to the Pac North West! Kim and I will let you all know more real soon! Im getting exctied for this, I think it will be fun! scratch that I know it will be fun!

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
The class sounds sweet and I was all for it, but yesterday i took a bad fall at 38 and gashed my lip, put my tooth through my inner lip out the front gash, sprained my thumb, screwed up my rotater (left shoulder), and broke my full face.
I'll be off the bike for a while. Can a guy still come out to the class and soak up all the info??

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
SST would be perfect. When, any idea yet? I get out of this boot on the 23rd + time to make the ankle work again. Unless the doc wants to rebreak it further up and pin/plate :( ,then more cast time, then only spectating for me.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
gooch said:
The class sounds sweet and I was all for it, but yesterday i took a bad fall at 38 and gashed my lip, put my tooth through my inner lip out the front gash, sprained my thumb, screwed up my rotater (left shoulder), and broke my full face.
I'll be off the bike for a while. Can a guy still come out to the class and soak up all the info??
holy crap, gooch, sorry to hear about the carnage! i feel you on the split lip/sprained thumb combo!

hope you feel better soon!