Quantcast

Kind of a roadie question...

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
I have ridden both trails work in Renton and do not know of any real good way to get thru Renton to connect those two.Bset thing to do is drive a few different routes at the time of day you want to do this and see what works best.I'am kind of assuming that this might be a commute route?

Yep, it's the Interurban, it's a commute, and Renton sucks. I came down the Lake Washington Loop from Bellevue and felt good until I got to Renton. I don't think that town knows what a bike lane is. Anyway, I found a decent route that takes me past Boeing, down Grady, under 405, through some Boeing office buildings, and onto the Interurban at the Tukwila commuter train station.

I just picked up a Tarmac Pro, and since I'm spending about $100 weekly for gas I figure that if I can even cut that in half it will pay for the bike. Round trip is just over 35 miles from Bellevue to Kent and I can do it in just about 2.5 hours. Plus, everybody keeps telling me that it will help me build some endurance and make MTB even better. Bonus!

Thanks for the link,
Mike