Quantcast

Kmc

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I see quite a few people running The KMC x9-sl chains. Are these any good, or do people just run them 'cause they're gold?

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
It's not the exact chain your asking about but I've been running a KMC K10SL on my downhill bike for a bit over a year and never had any trouble. KMC chains have always proved to be a worthwhile product for me.

-Kevin

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i have been riding the x9sl since aug of 08. the chain is super light and durable. i would highly recommend it to any rider looking to save that little extra weight and to have a super durable chain. it will also make you the most baller brah on the slope.

-lil jon

Last edited:

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
No issues with KMC X9 chains for the past three years. I'll be running one again this season.

toby

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Sweet. Do they use a powerlink setup like Sram? Or can you use a Sram powerlink?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I wonder how much $$$ the sl-ti is. Probably just a waist of $$$$ The regular SL is gold is nice enough.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i ride there stuff on all my singlespeed bikes and have never broken a chain granted one is a halflink but the other works great.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
No issues with mine, does everything I want it too. Not heavy, shifts well, adds bling, easy as my old sram chains. Holds up better than my sram hollowpoint.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You can also check Yaban. They make a similar chain for a bit less. Been very happy with mine so far.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
$45 aint bad. And the X9-L and X9 can be had for way cheaper.

(note: Tree Fort, linked above, has a cool site and seem like nice folks, but their return policy sucks. Restocking penalties on any non-defective returns means don't buy it unless you want it. Learned that the hard way when I assumed a Jenson-like policy and ordered two front derailleurs because I wasn't sure whether hi or low would fit better.)