Quantcast

Knee injury question

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
so, i overshot a double dirt jumping today and landed on the flat bottom. To catch myself i put my right leg out and landed on it straight legged. Instantly i was in pain, which subsided after a few minutes, but it felt almost like shin splints for the next few minutes after that. I can walk on it for the most part (slight limp), i bought a knee stabilizing brace, but the pain seems to originate from the outside of my knee. Has anyone else had a similar type of injury, and what did it end up being?
I'm following the standard R.I.C.E. program for now and going to see how it goes. I'm really dreading going to the dr. and getting some bad news, especially at this point in the summer.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I did that snowboarding this winter. In February.
My knee still hurts today.

I pulled the IT band as it turns out, and messed up the muscles running down the outside. Its still not rad, but I went riding on it last weekend. Strange sitting down on the DH bike, it felt strained sitting and pedaling on the short post.

I bought a muscle stimulator. It helps, and I can shoot sparks from my fingers.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
thanks guys, it figures b/c my pre patella bursitis in my left knee has been under control for a few months now. I really need medical technology to advance much faster than i can ruin my joints.