Quantcast

Knee Protection Recomendations

gbone

Chimp
Apr 20, 2006
Well..it finally happened. The day I have been dreading. Direct hit to the knee where my 661 Kyle Straight couldnt protect me. Been wearing these for 6-years and saved me from several glancing blows. Love their comfort; the way they stay in place; however I think its time for more protection.

Can anyone recomend a system that offers a hard cup for the knee that actually stays in place. Dont want full length; just knees. Couple years back I tried the Fox Shorty [which conceptually would be ideal] but they simply did not stay in place and were terribly uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance!

-Adam

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
have the race face ones, and apart from them stretching out a little bit too mutch can yet say anything against them, had the poc vpd ones and they were crap in terms of protection, maybe you should think out the d3o kyle straight they should provide a little bit more protection...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm really liking the new shock doctor pads from TLD, they have a hard cup, but are fairly less substantial than the straits. They have protected me really well and haven't slipped however.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Another recommendation for the Raceface dig. Bought a large, which was what my 661 evos were, they were tight for first couple of rides, perfect now.
661 evo lasted 12 months and were dead for the last 6 months of that, flogged out, stretched quickly and a lot, ripped holes easily, generally pretty nasty but expensive. Raceface is a tougher feeling material, stretch MUCH less, no holes and never moved after a few crashes. Under $50 from the internets.

Although tld shockdoctor stuff looks nice too.