Quantcast

Kokopelli Trail Challenge - Trips for Kids Denver Benefit Ride [OT/SPAM for a cause]

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You bet they are! Thanks man! Here's they're info page that says they're a 501c(3): http://www.tripsforkidsdenver.org/donate/

But definitely donate on our page if you would ;) https://www.coloradogives.org/StephAndEvanKoko2013

Getting super excited... we leave on Thursday and since this week will be busy with work and whatnot, we started prepping food and gear and such to take on the ride. We decided on 3# of calorically-dense (AND DELICIOUS) hardened salami as our primary trail food, to be supplemented with cheese and Clif Bars most likely. I'm pretty sure this was the right call. :D
Make sure you got a couple bottles of wine for evenings with that salami. ;)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
( crickets )
Dang man, we just got back to Golden this morning! Sheesh... some people's kids. Anycrap, a full ride report is already in the works, but it'll definitely take me a while. Preliminary report is: we started the ride Friday morning in Fruita and finished in Moab late yesterday afternoon with 152-1/2 miles and 20,225 vertical feet under our tires. Total ride time (including most stops, breaks, fixing mechanicals, etc.) was 27-1/2 hours. There wasn't a single mile of the route that I didn't power myself, most of it pedaling but there were a few things that simply had to be walked. You can check out our routes and elevation profiles on Garmin Connect if you're in to that sort of thing...

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

My girlfriend and I more than doubled our fundraising goal, and the Trips For Kids team was SUPER stoked on that. They actually asked what we did to fundraise and it made me proud as fvck to say "Ridemonkey was huge for us!" And for that I cannot thank you guys enough!

All in all, it was an extremely emotionally and physically taxing experience, but one of the more rewarding ones I've had. Full trip report soon, in the meantime... "We're going there."

Last edited: