Quantcast

Kona Dawg 2004

deroyo

French Monkey Instigator Supreme!
Jul 3, 2001
Not on my BIKE!!!
Has anybody heard any dirt on the bike?
I'm thinking of getting one next spring,so I have all winter to ask questions about ...
-Bomber EXR 100 Pro
-Hayes HFX-9 XC disks and levers
-Fox Foat R with ProPedal

Kona /2004 DAWG

Dec 3, 2003
SoCal
Hey I posted some pics and a little review over in the passion boards about the Dawg Dee-lux. I got to demo it last weekend at my local trail. I am riding a Giant NRS 2 now and I thought this bike was sweet. First off I thought it was very plush (thats a given) and it handled very nicely. The trail I rode was a lot of downhill and it was a pretty fun ride going down. The coponents on it are pretty good. The fox forx felt good but i botomed it out too much. I think the shop guys didnt set it up properly. The rear shock with propedal was great. There was very little bob b/c of the propedal and I rarely used the lockout feature. It felt pretty solid going uphill but it did soak up most of the bumps. The Hayes are nice brakes but for some reason it would start rubbing after a braking on a long stretch of downhill. However, I would change the tires (Nokian??) b/c they didnt handle the rocky condtions very well. It also handled jumps fairly well i think i did some 5 foot jumps and it rarely botomed out. Other than that I wish I had gotten this bike instead.... :(
Anyways good luck on your purchase.

Kona Dawg Dee-Lux Post

-mtnbikerdude87