Quantcast

kona scab?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i am buying a new frame for my DJing self and i ws considering a '02 kona scab. xxx chromoly, looks quite strong. ANy thoughts on this?

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
Have you looked at the Cowan frame. It seems like it would be the hot ticket for dirtjumpers with the gyro tabs. However since I'm not a great djer I could be way off base. The Scab is a nice frame in it's own right. My buddy beats the hell out of his and it's still good as new.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i ride a scab and it is awsome. it is the most perfect Dj frame ever. mine rides like my bmx, and i love it.

I had a med Scab and I loved it....but from the seat stay back was flexxxxy and too thin.
Then one day (after 365days of riding DH, DS, play) my tire rubbed....ended up my frame was bent on the drive side chainstay.....I had a mrp and profile cranks that slowly scraped away until it folded.

But to build up a budget beater bike that will perform......it works fine...and is strong....I 50/50'd, crashed, dropped in...and it held my 270lb rump up.

craftyman

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
29palms
or your wheel could just be out of true:eek: what a thought. but i prolly am wrong and you bent it. the scab is an awsome frame i have an 02 and do 360s and disasters in park all the time and its fine. go for it