Quantcast

krap hcraeser spelled backwards

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
i'll probably be out there today, after school, and weds.
in the picture on this page, on the right linr, there is a small step down double (6ft gap) into the run-in and the a awesome hip deal thats about 10 to 15 feet. i ate it hard on that hip cuz i landed nose down and weight back(cuz i was trying to save it) and so i landed, and my front whell shot up( cuz super hi rebound) and i had all my weight back and looped out pretty hard. too many rocks around them parts too. i really want to make the hip gap much bigger. once you hit it, you'll see why.

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
well, its on colorado ave. in boulder, just down from the university. do you know were the CU running trak is? its right on the creek path, out by, foothills pkwy? um clos to the new boulder comm. hospital.

OK- starting from campus just go down colorado from the folsom/colorado intersection past 30th and 28th Untill you see a feild with a couple of big red brick buildings on the left side of the street, ride up to the intersection of the main road leading into the area adn keep riding untill you see a short dirt road on the right. From there you keep riding into the park and there are a whole bunch of little single track paths. There are some delapidated old tables and doubles. Then in the back right corner of the feild is where the new stuff is.

There is also a fun stepdown that is slightly smaller, a 5-6 foot drop to tranny, and a small wallride. ( you can see them in the first picture: wallride on the right, and the drop just to the left of the path that is on the left side of the wallride)

I took some good pics today of the new gap, Ill post them tmmr. after i develop them.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
hey ross nice work. i would recommend not building jumps or landings in existing trail lines though. the cyclocross races there use the lines and they may kill your stuff if you encroach on them. your big dirt pile over by the slalom course may get bulldozed as its almost on the cyclocross course. just try to build around the trails there. your work will last longer. its looks way better out there now that some building is happening.

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
oh, i haven't touched the slalom course....i did, however, move the trail left a little bit....you can see it in the pics. i dont think i reall built anything other than alter a 6ft section of trail....i was thining of the cyclocross races when i built everything!:D

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
Originally posted by where_am_i?
...started work on a hip/stepdown thing that has a super small gap, but is supper lippy. I take some pics later.
They're your jumps so do what you want, but just from experience super short and super lippy usually ends up super sucky. Have to either go really slow and get no air or like bunny hop off the lip and dive into the landing, either way, it's unflowy and unfun.

Ya i know I didnt really explain it to well at all:

It doesnt have much of a gap, but the landing is long and steep. Just imagine a 20ft long Hillside with with a fairly lippy kicker on top that is at a 45 degree angle to the hill. And also, the kicker isnt that lippy (not BMX style), its just lippyer than whats over there now, i.e. long stepdowns with fairly flat takeoffs. (Its kind of a DH bike place, not really DJs) Thanks for the advice though.

And Ross, to muddy to ride, not to dig. I may be over there later if I get some work done... This place is turning into quite the little DH bike playground.

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
im building a huge hip jump....hopefully it will work. you guys should come help, its gonna be a good jump to learn hips on. its gonna be in that valley deal. if you go out there, you'll get the just of it.

Its in th e valley between where the new stuff is and the "Dual Course" Its like 50 degrees of hip, with about 4 foot drop and about a 10 foot gap (ross correct me if im delusional on those numbers) You will be abel to hit it and then ride down into the valley and hit another Hip/ quater pipe thingy on the other side, at least that is the plan.

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
scott, ur in charge of finding as much wood as u can if you wanna build that wallride....all we need is a couple sheets of plywood and a whol bunch of 2x4's. i think we should make a huge wall ride....i was out there today and kinda finished the landing and run-up. we are deffinitly gonna get enough speed for it. i dunno if it'll be worth it, i hope no one will tear it down.

FunkMaster

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Golden, CO
Sounds like this place is shaping up. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks till I can make it out.

I keep saying I'm going to learrn how to jump. Don't worry, I do know how to dig.

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
sounds good scott...i think i wont be able to make it out there too much this weekend, i got a lot to do....call me if you got wood and stuff and your goning out there to build....i think we still need a huge hip too, and the wallride, AND the step down.:D some one needs to bring out a good rake or sumthin that can clear all those weeds and tall grass....im BROKEN pick won't do the job:mad: