Quantcast

Kudos to JensonUSA

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
I just wanted to share a recent (good) expeince with my Jenson USA service.

So I ordered a bunch of stuff, mostly wheel related, and a few items were backordered. In particular, they only had one of the rims in stock. So, I got the initial shipment and built the one wheel and it is good.

I called them up yesterday to get some status on the remaining items. I don't recall who I talked to, but he was friendly and told me the stuff should be shipping tomorrow, then listed the items off. I noted that he missed the other rim and he said somthing like "Oh, dang, I didn't even see that. It might not ship until next week then."
This morning I check my email and I got word from them saying that they screwed up having not noticed the other backordered rim, and sent everything else out today, fedex 2 day, with the rim order being expedited and shipping ASAP. I thought that was great, especially that it came in a more personal email not somthing automated.
So, Jenson is good people :thumb:

On a related note, it seems to me that Sun Singletrack 32 holes are out of stock all over the place. Are they discontinued or somthing? I'm sort of worried about that possibility (they're the rims I bought).

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I've had great experiences with JensonUSA as well. Local shops gouge prices here. Our "sponsored wholesale" prices are 10% higher than online and big city pricings.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
KleinMp99 said:
You should have bought the parts from your local bike shop.

Always love that one.........For some people Jenson is there local shop. I don't think there is such a thing as a mail order only shop anymore really.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Hope to god your not getting them built by them! My 120 lb brother got singletracks built by them and they folded after a week or 2 of riding. Everyone said it was whoever built the wheel, oh ya this is after we had to go to jenson to return the wheelset for have a broken hub put on! He also did fall but it was off a 2-4ft rock into a small rut!

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
No, building the wheels myself.
For the record, I do buy from my local shops occasionally, but they're typically pretty costly. I like to support them, but I don't exactly have the income to do so all the time.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
When my LBS can match the online prices I'll go to the LBS.
I got some 46cm Bontrager flat top road bars and a stem and they will end up being $50 or less. I will likely trade bike builds for them.

Gregg

Chimp
May 24, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Right now I'm not liking Jenson so much. I placed an order May 27th and made sure everything was in stock so it would ship right away. I expected it to arrive while I was out of town. I got back a week ago and found that still had not shipped and that one item was now not in stock. I waited for it to come back in stock on tuesday and it still didn't ship. I called yesterday and they realized a part number had gotten changed on an item and it got messed up. They fixed that yesterday and it still hasn't shipped. I called today and they said it should be shipping out today, but surprise surprise.....it didn't. I'm a little ticked off now. I want to ride.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Just to break the myth.
I bought a seat for my beater bike/DJ
it only cost $1.25
It was used, but in better shape than my bothrailsbentcan'tevenextricatefromseatpostclampWTBsaddle
And yes, LBS is the most expensive way to go, but I can get a better deal on spokes there.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
I know, I was just trying to get people riled up with the LBS comment. I use to buy all of my stuff online before I got a job at a shop, and if I ever lose the job and discounts on bike stuff that goes along with it, I will probably end up buying online again....some of the prices are insane..