Quantcast

Labor Days & Races at Plattekill Bike Park - Sept 4-7

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Labor Days & Races at Plattekill Bike Park - Sept 4-7

OPEN 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plattekill Bike Park will be open this upcoming Labor Day weekend to racers and riders Friday, September 4th thru Monday September 7th featuring Dual Slalom Races on Saturday (3pm) and Downhill Races on Sunday (11am).

Plattekill will have the lifts spinning ALL 4 DAYS and will offer the best value in lift-accessed riding: The $40 for 2 consecutive-day-pass...only $20 per day when you buy the 2-day pass! Better yet, join the races...and your Friday and/or Monday ticket is just $5 with any registration!

The Park offers full bike and equipment rentals, guided tours and lessons and the BBQ will be on daily featuring burger & chicken specials!

SWEET DEAL:
$5 FRIDAY PRACTICE TICKET and/or $5 MONDAY FREERIDE TICKET available for purchase if you register for any race this weekend!!!!!

RACE COURSES:
This DH race will offer Double Points in the Plattekill Bike Parks NYS Championship Series. So get your game on. The Delta House Crew have been designing some excellent Cat1/Pro race tracks all season. They’ve been saving this one, which is sure to become a favorite for this holiday weekend. The Cat 1/Pro course will start on everyone’s favorite trail, the Fun Run, cross the ski trail and down Hardcore. After that it will go to some new fast fresh cut, leading to the Wall Drop. The Wall Drop is an exciting and fast four-foot high slate wall that drops you on to a steep and loose section with tons of rocks everywhere. Then the track goes out to the open ski trail, where the Delta House Crew have been using heavy machinery to buil d big jumps and huge berms. This completely new section will be visible from the deck for some great spectator views!!!

The Cat2/Cat3 (beginner/sport) race course will be fast and flowy. It will start on the Triple Chair side of the mountain and will be fun yet challenging as speed increases. Beginners will love it! If you’ve never raced before, this is the race to come try it!

Saturday’s Dual Slalom race will take place at 3pm and is also the NYS Championship Series race in slalom. The race will be held on our all new course which has featured exciting and close racing in the first two races of the series.

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3 deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals. While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70 for Pros, $60 for Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45.
All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay pros $50/25/15 and Cat 1,2 & 3 will be paid $25/15/10 for those that wear a NEMA product and list them as a sponsor on our race entry sheet.

May 2-3 Race #1 DH
June 13-14 Race #2 DH&DS
July 25-26 Race #3 DH&DS
September 5-6 Race #4 DH&DS Double Points
September 19-20 Race #5 DH&DS
October 10-11 Race #6 DH&DS Gravity East Series Finals Race #11 DH&DS
October 24-25 Race #7 Series Finals Double Points

Lower DH Race Fees
$45.00 Cat2-3(beginner/sport) Top 3 Medals and Prizes PLUS NEMA Cash
$60.00 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash PLUS NEMA Cash
$70.00 USAC Pro Top 3 Medals and Cash PLUS NEMA Cash
All Race Fees Include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets

Every DH Series Race will Pay CASH to the top three Pro and ALL Cat1 Age Groups

Every Series Race is Part of the NEMA Cash Contingency Program

Race both DH & DS and SAVE $10 off you combined entry!

BOTH DH & DS RACES OPEN TO ALL AGES & ABILITIES!
Registration Saturday 9am, Sunday 8am.
DH practice Saturday 10-5, Sunday 8-race start.

FREE BEGINNER RACE CLINICS by Mad March Racing
to all “first-time” racers Saturday 12-2pm
NO EXCUSE not to try racing!!!
$45 includes 2-day ticket, race & clinic!!!!

CAMPING: Camping facilities are located at Plattekill Mountain, nestled at the base of the mountain's natural bowl. RVs, campers and tents are all welcome! Cost for camping is $10/night per tent or camper/trailer.
Ride Fees:
All Day Lift $30
Two Day Same Weekend Lift $40
After 2pm Lift $23
One Time Lift with Bike $10
Trail Access (no lift) $15
Skyride $ 5

Plattekill Mountain is the longest operating bike park in the Northeast with
over 60 miles of bike-specific lift accessed trails operating two lifts to
two mountain peaks.

Roxbury, NY (607) 326-3500
www.plattekill.com.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Going to miss this one...but will hopefully be around for the 19-20th.

I don't have an expert license with the USAC....can I still race Expert at plattekill, or do I need to podium in sport before I can race expert?

Last time I raced DH was 1999.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Going to miss this one...but will hopefully be around for the 19-20th.

I don't have an expert license with the USAC....can I still race Expert at plattekill, or do I need to podium in sport before I can race expert?

Last time I raced DH was 1999.
I believe you need a annual license to race Expert/Cat1 at Plattekill.

See everyone up there.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
missing this one cuz my dumb dog decided to get knocked up again and now I have stupid puppies to tend to all weekend. The good news is that my skipping of the race will net me $2,000 when they ship off in 6 weeks. 2010 boxxer?......

I will be at the next September race for sure, unless Albany Jon burns down plattekill this weekend.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
missing this one cuz my dumb dog decided to get knocked up again and now I have stupid puppies to tend to all weekend. The good news is that my skipping of the race will net me $2,000 when they ship off in 6 weeks. 2010 boxxer?......

I will be at the next September race for sure, unless Albany Jon burns down plattekill this weekend.
when the hell are you guys moving?
let the wife take care of the mutts.

and stop whoring out your dog

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Moving when the dogs are gone. It was a real suprise finding out she was knocked up 3 weeks before they were due.

No one will be around to watch them and she wants to come party too so that is out of the question. We also lost one of the puppies last week so she wants me around to make sure no more die.

I'm getting the little bitch fixed ASAP! Her F ucking parents are the reason she got knocked up this time. Not a very good subject for me since I knew she was in heat but was advised that they would do a good job making sure her and the father stayed away from eachother.

$2,000 is great but not worth the time and effort of raising puppies. trust me.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ouch, sounds ruff man.

if you got at least 6 weeks till you get rid of them all, then you should be able to make the following two races right?

and why didnt you get her fixed after the first batch of pups?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The back room doggie abortion does not work when they are already 4 weeks into a 8 week pregnacy. I was looking forward to puppy fetus stir-fry

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
looks like our course from the beginning of the season.
weather is gonna be tits this weekend. prepare for the debaucery boys

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
hardcore looks wider. did delta house open up the straight-line rider's left? having the privelidge of riding some new (to me) mountains this year has resulted in a greater love and appreciation for the awsomeness that is plattekill. see you mugs friday night.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
this has been the best year for Platty courses since o5 when Steve taped them. the continued use of the open slope is awesome too.
curious to what they will run for GES Finals

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
yes the riders left side of Hardcore was cleared out for those who dare. Delta House have been doing an awsome job with bringing back the classics this season, with some great updates.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
What a weekend to be at Platty - weather looks good - course looks like a blast.

After my dismal showing at Whiteface - I may have to make this a comeback race.