Quantcast

lack of actual riding

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
the **** talked on this forum from parts whores is getting annoying at this stage with putting up stupidly nerdy threads about the thickness of their spoke nipples etc...the title of the forum is 'downhill' so wouldnt it be a more constructive use of peoples time if they actually talked about bike riding or,even better,go and actually ride their bikes instead of sitting at their computers...:nopity:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i couldnt agree more, it gets irritating with all the e nazzi's out there...funny because a bunch of the forum guys i run into in person cant really ride that well...

but on the other side this is the internet, and ride monkey is a great technical resource it has helped me with a bunch of stuff over the years...

take it for what it's worth

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
the **** talked on this forum from parts whores is getting annoying at this stage with putting up stupidly nerdy threads about the thickness of their spoke nipples etc...the title of the forum is 'downhill' so wouldnt it be a more constructive use of peoples time if they actually talked about bike riding or,even better,go and actually ride their bikes instead of sitting at their computers...:nopity:
Except if you ride 14-16 hours per day it should be no problem to both do some good riding and post on the Internet too.

You can call it nerdy but I just think people are passionate about bike and that I think is cool. If it too much for you there is no pressure to read the threads.

I have over the years been lucky to ride with a lot of people who post on Ridemonkey. Some are good some are not so good but they have all been good people and fun to ride with.

nenjarickard

Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden.
Do you tell people they should not masterbate while you are holding your dong?
Spot on sir.

This is an interesting phenomena though, these threads seems to pop up every here and there on the forums out there.

Since the authors assume that everyone else who actually spend more then 15 mins on the forums never actually ride their bikes i guess the authors grab that info out of their own experience?

Also does this bitterness come from not being as nerdy about the bike scene as other people?

I ride my bike even if it is snow in my poor little local tracks, though i have lots of ****ing time to spend on forums, freecaster, dirtmag, reading dirtmag irl, longing for the spring etc...

If you're bitter from not biking as much as you would like, go bike.
If you're bitter from not having the interest to go as nerd as other does, suck it up.