Quantcast

Ladies i need your Help

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I am after a hardtail for the girlfriend and need some help. We have about £1000 to spend. She doesn't know much about bikes but I want to get her a decent one for them money.

She will mainly be riding XC maybe a bit on road

Thankyou Your help would be much appreciated

Jason

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why a hardtail? At $1800, you are nearing the top end for alu hardtails, but you are right in the middle of the range for full-suspension bikes.

Typical I steer people to HT's when the range is under $1000.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I agree, with that kinda money to spend get her something that's a little more forgiving and more fun to ride for someone just getting into the sport.

Hartails, in my opinion, are an acquired taste....kinda like a singlespeed.

ECR

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Unfortunately the price of bikes in the UK are alot higher than US prices, in some cases nearly the same in sterling as dollars .....

I know Kona's are very popular in the UK the kula or the lisa might be worth a try out. The Kikapu Delux FS also sneaks in in the price range.

However my choice is the rocky mountain hammer, I have had this bike for several years now and have never fallen out of love with it. The Steel frame is a dream it absorbs so much more than aluminium making it a much more comfortable ride. The geometry is designed for tight twisty single track so it handles and corners easily. i have ridden this bike in its aluminium version and there is just no comparison.

http://www.jdcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p1570

Good luck

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
ECR said:
Unfortunately the price of bikes in the UK are alot higher than US prices, in some cases nearly the same in sterling as dollars .....
i just found this out this past week talking to some people. They were amazed at how cheap bikes are out here.

so the other thing that throws in, is what bikes are readily available where he's at?

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
ECR said:

I know Kona's are very popular in the UK the kula or the lisa might be worth a try out. The Kikapu Delux FS also sneaks in in the price range.

However my choice is the rocky mountain hammer, I have had this bike for several years now and have never fallen out of love with it. The Steel frame is a dream it absorbs so much more than aluminium making it a much more comfortable ride. The geometry is designed for tight twisty single track so it handles and corners easily. i have ridden this bike in its aluminium version and there is just no comparison.

http://www.jdcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p1570

Good luck
Thankyou