Quantcast

lahar updates

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i use the silicone grips because i can't get a lockon in the proper length (twister specific odi's are too short).
you prefer to use the longer grips with your gripshift?

edit: you also mentioned there were two front shock mounts....wheres the 2nd?

Last edited:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
you prefer to use the longer grips with your gripshift?

edit: you also mentioned there were two front shock mounts....wheres the 2nd?
yeah. run a ~3/4" length grip with just my thumb & edge of forefinger on the shifter. feels solid & works mint.

the aluminum shock mounts have two sets of mounting holes (can't see in pic - behind the red alu nylock).

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
interesting. might have to try that idea to see how it works. i usually just keep the part of my hand in b/w my index and thumb on the gripshifter w/ the short grip.

i figured it was behind that nut.
hows the chain rub on the two chains?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
These Lahar frames are not available for purchase are they, there is no way to get 1 am i correct? A certain somebody didnt answer his PM message.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I have heard about all the scams, but at the same time, i am looking at 1 with my very eyes right here, so there has to be (or had to be) 1 way to get that at 1 point.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
These Lahar frames are not available for purchase are they, there is no way to get 1 am i correct? A certain somebody didnt answer his PM message.
no, company is done. only way of owning one is buying used. pretty rare that one shows up for sale, for obvious reasons, and no, i'm not selling mine. unless you want to pay me huge coin, of course...

for what it's worth, i don't think aaron ever intentionally 'scammed' anyone, just got in over his head with pre-orders / business management / personal issues. i've had extensive exchanges with him in the past, and he was a genuine, super helpful guy. no ill will in his heart, imo, just a bit scattered. fortunately i got mine before things went sideways. anyways, that whole sh1tshow is done. the bike is rad, i like to leave it at that.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hey XY9ine

maybe you want to give
the Syntace Moto Grips a try, they are very thin and can be cut down for twist shifters.

i have some used ones i could send your way to test whether they work for you.

they are too thin for my liking, i am using Ergon GA1 and GE1 now
ergon-bike.com

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
specialized makes a grip with a clamp at one end only. Didn't really read the thread, so I'm not sure the length you're looking for but...

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=46851&menuItemId=9331&eid=5097

They also make a narrower one about the same thickness as an odi ruffian or peaty.
The thin one is called "XC locking grip"
Ithink they are a bit thinner than the ruffians. I'll try to measure both tomorrow.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=41700&menuItemId=9331&eid=5097

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know why you guys are all trying to make him change grips..

I rode those silicone grips on my Remedy last year, and they are great, don't move at all in our BC monsoon riding.

I'd run them on my DH bike, but I don't think they'd last very long, and I tend to put 'r down too much.