Quantcast

Lake Almanor trails?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo if you read this this is the place where they are about to decide whether or not to put in a ski resort. I was telling you about it one day but couldn't remember the name.

Sorry, I don't know of any trails offhand. I'll ask my friend, he's been spending alot of time up there lately because he's thinking about buying a house there.

blacklisted

Chimp
Jul 13, 2005
There are some hidden trails up between Westwood and Susanville (I'm bad with directions so I can't give you the exact spot). The shop in Chester knows about them i'm pretty sure. Check there.

gobike

Chimp
Sep 4, 2004
I've been going to Almanor every year for a family vacation since 1989. Every year we bring our bikes and end up riding the fire roads.

At Sea Otter this year, we ran into Kathy Pruitt, who was raised in Chester/Lake Almanor. I asked her for any tips on local rides. She laughed. She said there's nowhere to ride DH/CC in the Almanor area besides the fireroads. She said Bodfish bike shop might be able to point you in the right direction as far as any new trails being buit, but she even said THAT was a stretch... If anyone knows of any new nuggets, please PM me, I"ll be up there the 2nd week of August w/ a Heckler itching for ST...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i have been going to almanor for the last couple of years, and when exploring the area, i found dirtjumps at hamilton branch, which is a small, dare i say deserted, pg&e town. my dad was there looking for a place to fly fish and i found hte jumps. they were ok, not great, i think they need some work though, last yearthey looked like a fat guy on a large motorcyle had ripped them all to shreads.

im going up next weekend, and if anyone is gonna be there and is down to explore, im down. Pm me.