Quantcast

Lake Chelan riding

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Tres Hombres/Amigos and Xanadu in Leavenworth are both good to go. Ribbed is also good but you will probably have to hike up the trail because the road may still have snow. In Chelan there is a hike called Pot Peak. It is a multi use trail and I hiked it 2 weekends ago and it seemed like it would be fun because most of the corners are bermed, it would be a long hike up and a fun fast rip down. If you are super gnar core you can also ride it like a loop. Ask for info at the Chelan Ranger Station.
Have fun and enjoy the sun.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I can't think of anything that wouldn't have snow on it still. Even Xanadu/Tres. Freund will probbaly be the best bet.

Yes, you can do Pot Peak as a loop. But, you can take a little of the "gnar core" out with a partial shuttle. It's still a long day though.

Stinky, I'm posting up a Mann Road trails thread. Ever been there? Just got the map.

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
I'm heading to Lake Chelan this weekend and am looking for suggestions of trails for me and my beginner girlfriend. Looking for a moderate XC trail and an hour or two total riding time.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Maybe try North Fork Entiat Trail.

That still might be snowed in since it's like 4000'. It's hard to say as now is the time that the snow is melting and forest service crews, moto users are going into various trails and clearing blowdown etc.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187575&highlight=Duncan+Hill

You'd probably have better luck with the low trails around Wenatchee, like lower Devils Gulch, Red Devil, Red Hill....

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
We had a good time at Lake Chelan this weekend. The riding at Echo ridge is not the best. I wound up having the G-friend shuttle me on the fire road as all the loops require a lot of up hill and cater to the XC Skier, i.e. wide ass trails. Neither of us were impressed.
Next time I'm riding in Leavenworth. That place is sick.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
We had a good time at Lake Chelan this weekend. The riding at Echo ridge is not the best. I wound up having the G-friend shuttle me on the fire road as all the loops require a lot of up hill and cater to the XC Skier, i.e. wide ass trails. Neither of us were impressed.
The snow killed the promise of the quality riding that is Pot Peak via Devils Backbone. Some folk like the Lake Creek Trail, that dumps you off the Entiat side, but really Pot Peak is more interesting.

i think you lose 5,000 feet of vert in about 10 miles or so of quality singletrack.

Anyways here's a look up top of the ridge on Devils Backbone.

You ride this trail and don't like it, then you just plain won't like any backcountry XC rides, because it's a goodie.