Quantcast

Lake George -- Buck Mtn, early august

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
So a buddy of mine from cali is flying in for a few weeks and staying at the lake at the base of Buck Mtn, we're going to be hiking up and riding down either from the trail head or up the face of the mountain on a different trail. Would be great fun with a big group, shoot me or William42 a PM if interested. Its a pretty demanding hike even without lugging a 40+ lb. DH rig up, and the ride down isn't much of a cake walk either, just a warning. Looking forward to a great ride

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-new-york/trail/PRD_169214_4566crx.aspx

:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Great trails to ride on that side of the lake for sure! Not sure what our schedule for riding is with a wedding this weekend, but there is a ton of good riding to be done all around this area.

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
Those snakes are only over on the Tongue mtn range, but yeah the deer flies were pretty bad when I hiked it this past saturday. The trail from the trail head parking lot is pretty darn boring for the most part, real wide and hiker friendly. The trail that goes up the face of the mountain is more of single track, natural features and drops, tons of huge rock faces, and super steep in some parts, and generally way more fun. Compared to the 3+ mile trip up from the trail head its about half that distance if you hike from the other trail, however not many people know about it except the locals and the YMCA campers.