Quantcast

Lake jumping

racerX

Chimp
Jan 20, 2002
Camas Valley, Oregon
I am building a ramp for launching into my local resevoir using a scrapped out 20" and an old trek MTB, plywood and 2x4's. I'm doing so to get better control in the air and learn new tricks. any suggestions on the pitch/Rise vs Run on the lip fo max launch Height and Distance and any stories or pics

RacerX:devil:

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
Me and my buddies had a jump into his pond and it was great...the only thing that was bad was if you hit your face or head straight on the water. It would actually hurt pretty bad since we were really high in the air and we would get the brain jar pretty hard.

So if you do it, where a water helmet for kayaking and you will thank me for it.

For the jumps...well, make it like the jumps you will normally be doing, just bigger.:D

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
yeah it depoends where your jumping to we built a ramp and it was a shallow one beacsue the jetty we were launching from was alrady 2m above sea level...

it made my mate piss he was trying to double flip (he can already single flip on land) and he bailed and he kept spinning kinda and landed on his back it hurt him and made hid back all ready and it was funny :D

fennell

Chimp
Jun 6, 2002
boone nc
assuming you have enough depth in the water. make it go way up way quick to give you the desired air time :D but if you are just trying to get used to normal jumping shape it pretty steep and a little less height..

T

Tenaciousle0

Jumping into water is awesome, but it's hard to land

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
my expeirence in water riding is jut riding my little 16" in a pool. It is pretty cool, doin tailwhips, flairs and wallrides