Quantcast

lake tapps water jump!

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
so me and a few friends took a section of an old half pipe and loaded it up and went down to the lake yesterday. we found an empty lot with a dock that worked out perfectly, the dock was like 50 feet long and the yard had a nice steady grade to crank down and get speed. the only problem is the lot is marked no trespassing and i would hate to have some angry folks show up (couldnt blame them i wouldnt want a bunch of stupid kids riding bikes off of my dock if i had one). if anyone here lives on the lake and would be willing to put us up and maybe get a jump jam into the lake going that would be wicked! we're going to try and get ahold of the people who own that lot and see if we would be able to keep going there because its just sooooooo perfect. if it works out i'll have to get all you monkeys out there and we can throw down and have a wicked time! and dont worry, there will be plenty of ladies no matter where we do it :agree:

we got some video from yesterday that ill work on getting online. ill let ya all know when its up

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
cordlikesbikes said:
so me and a few friends took a section of an old half pipe and loaded it up and went down to the lake yesterday. we found an empty lot with a dock that worked out perfectly, the dock was like 50 feet long and the yard had a nice steady grade to crank down and get speed. the only problem is the lot is marked no trespassing and i would hate to have some angry folks show up (couldnt blame them i wouldnt want a bunch of stupid kids riding bikes off of my dock if i had one). if anyone here lives on the lake and would be willing to put us up and maybe get a jump jam into the lake going that would be wicked! we're going to try and get ahold of the people who own that lot and see if we would be able to keep going there because its just sooooooo perfect. if it works out i'll have to get all you monkeys out there and we can throw down and have a wicked time! and dont worry, there will be plenty of ladies no matter where we do it :agree:

we got some video from yesterday that ill work on getting online. ill let ya all know when its up

Dude this sounds like soo much fun ive always wanted to jump a bike into a lake! Let me know when its all worked out on the location!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
damn dude thats sick!!! defenently better then coming to my house like you where gona!!!! so did you do the old classic and duck tape empty milk cartons to your frame? lets see that video!!!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
BIGHIT756 said:
dock jumps are awesome..i did a flip off a dock about 4 years ago on a huffy. it was sweet....cept landing on the bike hurts like hell in the water!!

I was curious about that whole landing part, i think ditching the bike would be much easier

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
soooo, if you land perfectly on the pedals the impact is gona hurt??? i would think it would be like a foam pit...as far as impact. the water would get broke up by the bike and you would just go in after it.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
downhillracer said:
the prob i find with lake jumping is trying to get yourself and the bike back to shore.
Inflatable floaties perhaps straped onto the bike, ya know the ones really little kids use cause they dont know how to swim yet

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
yeah its not bad getting back to the dock, we just have a life vest on the handlebars and the jump only puts you out a max of like 15 feet so its not too bad. unfortunately, the cops showed up yesterday at the dock where we were jumping, but my friend says he has the perfect setup at his house so hopefully there is more fun to be had. as for landing, its fine to land on the bike or bail and land on your feet. the only bad ones are when you land flat on your back or stomach or if your head whips into the water and pops your ears.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
What bike are you using for jumping into the water? Is it just some old bmx or dj bike? I kinda wanna try it out, but I dont want to risk one of my bikes sinking, or any side effects of having it in and out of a lake all day. Doesn't the water do bad things to your componentry?