Quantcast

Lame cars of past and present remembrance thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just because something is valued by a gaggle of idiots does not make it cool. Or, in this case, not a piece of ****. Anyone spending that much on one of those without the intent to use it as a museum piece needs their head examined.
Have you driven one? It's a true muscle car and there aren't many from the 70's. It's factory power to weight ratio and balance is awesome.

I know, it's RWD and you don't fully appreciate that, so I understand.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Have you driven one? It's a true muscle car and there aren't many from the 70's. It's factory power to weight ratio and balance is awesome.

I know, it's RWD and you don't fully appreciate that, so I understand.
Don't fully appreciate that?

I'm just biased towards cars that were built with a performance goal in mind. If you're gonna blow $30k on a 35 y/o car, blow it on a car that can drive. Most American muscle cars were obsolescent when they were built, and they're even worse now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just because something is valued by a gaggle of idiots does not make it cool. Or, in this case, not a piece of ****.
A guy I know who makes a living working on Porsches would say the same thing about most Porsche owners and the companies more recent offerings to the automotive world.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Daewoo Leganza

The WallMart luxury car. A guy I worked with bought one when they first came out talking about how awesome it was fully loaded for $16k. The leather felt like a cheap rubber football.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I should neg rep you for this. That is one sweet Oval.
Thank you for pointing that out.

The Volkswagen Beetle is one of the best selling cars of all time, and is one of the few cars to be considered a classic since... well... FOREVER!

Now... if only that Oval was slammed to the ground... :monkey:

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA

Fiat Uno

I rented one of these when I was in Argentina last month. It saw a couple hundred miles of dirt road through the desert and I couldn't seem to kill it, but boy was it ugly.

1.3 liters of fury.