Quantcast

Lance: "I have cancer" - Cofidis: "bu-bye"

D

Dingus McGee

Their loss, non? Obviously they could not keep a terminal cancer patient on the payroll, but the terms of his dismissal leave something to be desired from what I have been reading trying to get a little background on his earlier days.

D

Dingus McGee

MtnbikeMike said:
Which terms?
I don't know the terms. I thought it would make me look smart,
the Cofidis reference, etc. I guess I'm busted. :rolleyes:

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Cofidis basically told him to race or his contract would be voided under an Unfit for Competition clause if I remember correctly when he was diagnosed with cancer. I don't have his books here so I can't double check to be sure.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Nitromike said:
Cofidis basically told him to race or his contract would be voided under an Unfit for Competition clause if I remember correctly when he was diagnosed with cancer. I don't have his books here so I can't double check to be sure.
the ****ty thing was they had a press conference and said 'we will stand behind our man' then after the mic's were off, before the press was out the door they were like 'later lance hope everything works out for ya.'
that was ****ty

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nitromike said:
And cancelled his health insurance in the same breath.
Yup. Bastards. But then Oakley stepped up BIG TIME and promised to take care of him. Oakley's insurance carrier did not want to support Lance since the cancer was a pre-existing condition, but the Oakley CEO told them to cover him or he'd pull Oakley's account with that company.

:thumb: :thumb: to Oakley!

(this is all in Lance's first book)