Quantcast

Landis in Leadville?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Hasn't Lance been training for it longer as well as riding dirt more in recent times? Isn't Lance in better shape and more aggressive?

If those assumptions are correct, then on paper, Floyd has no chance... but that's why they play the game. On any given Sunday and other cliches.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Landis has plenty of time to train so don't count him out. More aggressive? I don't know about that, they just exhibit it in different ways.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Does Landis have dirt skills? End yourself now naysayers... Floyd has the best bike handling skills of any XC racer I have ever raced with. I certainly do remember seeing him DROP TOMAC at the Park City national in '96 on the downhill. The real question is, do you need dirt skills to ride leadville?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
The real question is, do you need dirt skills to ride leadville?
That is the question. A few of the 100s I've done have consisted of a LOT of dirt road making it not so much a question about bike handling skills but more about grinding up long dirt climbs.

If it happens, I'm pulling for Floyd.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Another interesting thing would be ability to function at alititude. The peaks of the climbs are below the bottom elevation in leadville.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Lance is a machine, but he's not exactly at top form on the dirt. He did a few NORBAs and didn't exactly blow everyone away. His handling/dirt skills, from what I recall, were not up to the better riders. Don't know how that impacts Leadville, though...

roaddog

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Cloud City, USA
Going up to the Columbine Mine will be difficult for Lance. Coming down? Bwaaaahaaahaaaa. I wonder if Dave Weins is just sitting back reading all the discussions on who will win.